What are you listening to today?

Robert Tepper - "Restless World" - from the "No Easy Way Out" album. Anybody remember Rocky IV? :D Great song, but always makes me a little sad that such music has gone by and replaced with hopelessly untalented queefers who can't sing/perform for shit.

Human Temple - "Yours Cold Blooded". If that's the song title, then I guess it is what it is... Pretty damn good. When I said I thought Human Temple stepped up their game hugely since "Insomnia" I damn well meant it! :kickass:

Iced Earth - Framing Armageddon: Something Wicked Part 1 :kickass:

Pyramaze - Immortal :OMG:

Evergrey - The Dark Discovery :headbang:

Just got in from work, drove home with a few beer in me, listening to Immortal and its 100000000000 time better when you're buzzed. Pulled in the driveway, put the car in park and just rocked out in the car to the whole album. Fucking awesome. I need another beer.

A lot of Raunchy - Velvet Noise! I picked this gem up several years ago, near its release date and after playing the piss out of "Wasteland Discotheque," I decided it was time to revisit the debut classic.

I keep reading that the cocksucking spreader of the nu-plague, Ross Robinson, got into contact with them some years back. Luckily they stayed Raunchy though. :D

Charred Walls of the "MOTHERFUCKIN' Damned!

Sick...as...fuck!

You just made me check back to their myspace-page! Still no more than that one song... or part of song... but you're right, it's great!!!

Listening to Opeth now, Reveries/Harlequin Forest, the last minute of this song is godly, the rest is just as good. Loving this song!

Nope, Thorns, I did not know Auvernia yet. But I am just listening to their songs on myspace. While at first glance I thought, "Oh no, not another verse-growl-and-chorus-sing-band", I was pretty surprised that the growls are not used much at all.

I agree, really highly recommended! Powerful, much double-bass, many interludes, great keys... all mixed together in an amazing way!

The only thing that makes me wonder: Only three guys in the band, none of them doing the keys. Are they searching for a new keyboarder?

However, great stuff! :kickass:

A lot of Fear Factory - Mechanize. But I was listening to it earlier and it started skipping and my heart just fucking sank... :(

And today, "Traces Inside" from the album; "Ripples" by Aspera. Very good, melodic metal that fans of Saint Deamon will probably love. I'm not at all a fan of Jens Bogren's production at all but aside from that, highly recommended.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdX0hOT6bA&feature=PlayList&p=8CFD9D0FD2C32BD3&index=7[/ame]

Aspera are good, very nice debut album.

Persefone today...various album, from melodic and progressive tunes to very hard metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing new but still notable that I'm listening to Aspera non-stop. This new Norwegian prog-metal band is barely into their 20s and their reviews have been mostly very positive. I expect their album to arrive in the mail sometime this week.

I must endorse checking this band out and buying 8 copies of "Ripples." Do yourself justice and give em a go. :headbang:

Nothing new but still notable that I'm listening to Aspera non-stop. This new Norwegian prog-metal band is barely into their 20s and their reviews have been mostly very positive. I expect their album to arrive in the mail sometime this week.

I must endorse checking this band out and buying 8 copies of "Ripples." Do yourself justice and give em a go. :headbang:

Aspera is good new stuff!

Coincidently, I was searching and listening (as usual) to some live Pagans Mind and found some tracks that included mini duets with members from Aspera. Kinda cool...thought i'd post them.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhXTVTye_ac&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmm3LRQGC54&feature=related[/ame]

Well, seeing as my order hasn't yet arrived (weekends are evil as fuck when waiting for orders dammit :( )

Anyhoo, currently I am watching a hilarious video of an up-and-coming internet star--thanks to his talent of beating old games that were somewhat not meant to be beaten *coughBattletoadscough*--calling up some fucknut at EA and bitching about their game "Battlefield: Bad Company 2". It looks a little staged but still nonetheless hilarious!

http://www.lordkat.com/lordkat-reviews-battlefield-bad-company-2.html

Ordered my ticket for the Kamelot show in Köln today...so Kamelot and Adagio for me and I'm so looking forward to it and to meet some friends!