What are you listening to today?

To prove what a hypocrite I am (and a masochist), I bought Edgay's new album; "Tinnitus Sanctus" and... Stay the fuck away/10 is the score I give it so far and I'm only on the third track.

Tobias Sammet has officially earned my award for worst "singer" (which term I'm using loosely here) of 2009. He's choking, gargling and sucking and the mic is the cock.

To prove what a hypocrite I am (and a masochist), I bought Edgay's new album; "Tinnitus Sanctus" and... Stay the fuck away/10 is the score I give it so far and I'm only on the third track.

Tobias Sammet has officially earned my award for worst "singer" (which term I'm using loosely here) of 2009. He's choking, gargling and sucking and the mic is the cock.

And still 10 after listening to the whole album? I only have one album of Edgay, Mandrake is the title if I remember correctly... but as much as I like the music, as much I 'hate' Tobias' vocals... not that he is a bad singer, but there are just some characteristics in his voice that I don't like to listen to... so there probably will never be an Edguy album that gets 10 points from me... ok, maybe 10 out of 20... :) but that's just a matter of taste I guess...

No that wasn't a 10, it was a "Stay the fuck away" out of 10. Not that it's a terrible album really. But if you didn't like Rocket Ride, chances are you won't find this album too thrilling.
Anything good on the CD is practically ruined by Tobias' vocals too.

No that wasn't a 10, it was a "Stay the fuck away" out of 10.

Ok, seems I misunderstood your words, sorry bro! :kickass:

Right now I'm listening to Serenity's "To Stone She Turned"... amazing song!!! Great Austrian band that sounds somewhat like Kamelot, but as I (still) do not know much of Kamelot I wonder if they also have such fast, powerful and melodious songs I could and should check out... up to now I haven't heard a real heavy song from them...

Great Austrian band that sounds somewhat like Kamelot, but as I (still) do not know much of Kamelot I wonder if they also have such fast, powerful and melodious songs I could and should check out... up to now I haven't heard a real heavy song from them...

You have to change this, Kamelot are GREAT!!! I'll see Serenity next month together with Kamelot.

np: Voivod - The Getaway

Some songs of Kamelot: Ghost Opera, Moonlight, When The Lights Are Down... next one will be The March of Mephisto...

And I'm about to change my mind: these songs are pretty amazing... I will listen to them more often and also check out some more, but I really enjoy what I'm listening to right now! :headbang:

there is some great unknown prog metal in this thread,

i am really digging borealis, black wings and Kiuas at the moment, anymore recommendations in that direction

ps, sry about the TO post :p

<--- Adagio - Twilight at Dawn [Adagio-Archangels_in_Black-2009-UasH] 06:24 [Metal]

Any Adagio fans? Me likey the new album. itsmydamnation, you should check 'em out...sort of a darker version of Symphony X with sporadic growls :)

Iced Earth - Pure Evil

Ony of my favorite songs from their earlier days, which (strangely I guess) I like less than what I concider their golden era (SW, etc.)

And Adagio is a fucking great band. I loved Sanctus Ignis and Dominate (didn't connect as much with Underworld, but I definately should give it another chance as it's concidered their masterpiece). I still haven't listened to the new album, but concidering the two songs I heard on their Myspace (Vamphyri and Fear Circus) it should be amazing, probably their best so far. Those two songs at least were mindblowing.

Classic Edguy (Vain Glory Opera, Theater..., Mandrake etc.) before they sold out and Tobi forgot how to sing.

Van Canto-Hero,probably the most unique band i've heard in years.Highly recommended.

Eyefear-The Unseen. My new favorite Aussie band(sorry Dungeon...).The vocalist is a fucking monster!