What are you listening to today?

Raunchy - Wasteland Discotheque
I have no idea how "discotheque" is pronounced, I just hope it's not French. :yuk:
I've been listening to the song "Warriors" a lot especially. Jeppe Christenson's clean vocals are amazing. The one thing that always had me wondering is if Kasper Thomson does any amount of clean singing, and not just Devin Townsend-ish singing-while-screaming-his-pubes-off, which I noticed is all over this album (the singing style, not the pubes).

It was an off-put at first actually, but I got used to it and just yesterday placed an order for this rauncher. :D
Hell, I have the last three albums, might as well complete the collection for the time being.

Also I think Jeppe should start his own solo band and do all the vocals. :Smokin:

Edit: Cancelled the order thanks to there being no websites I can trust to ship it in a reasonable amount of time.

Re-edit: Decided to order from a more trusted site, even though I may not recieve the album for another month.

Raunchy - Wasteland Discotheque
I have no idea how "discotheque" is pronounced, I just hope it's not French. :yuk:
I've been listening to the song "Warriors" a lot especially. Jeppe Christenson's clean vocals are amazing.

I just checked out Warriors, that's really a great song! Espeacially the piano and the clean vocals... guess it will take some spins until I like the growling vocals, Amon Amarth (and maybe a few other bands) seem to have the only growling vocals that I really like...

Growling is an issure for me too. Most bands seem to just use growling because they feel their genre demands it, but very few have real power behind the growls and have it really connect to the music. Amon Amarth is imo the biggest exception, Johan Hegg's growls are fucking powerful, and they combine it with the more melodic aspects of their music really, really well.