What are you listening to today?

My brand new copy of Stratovarius - Polaris!

Took long enough for it to arrive, especially after paying around $38 in Canuck bucks for priority shipping. Let me just say that--unless your desperate for a CD, like I was--never order from Barnes & Noble.

Back to Strato; really enjoying the shit out of this album, my cock is real hard right now. :)

Currently listening to "Babylon 2"-.. err "Emancipation Suite Pt. 1".

Currently blasting the new Slumber song (early sketch version from upcoming album) Sounds so...fucking...beautiful!

I need someone to recommend me some more bands in the vein of Serenity, Pyramaze and Kamelot. I have craving some epic progpower.

Currently blasting the new Slumber song (early sketch version from upcoming album) Sounds so...fucking...beautiful!

I need someone to recommend me some more bands in the vein of Serenity, Pyramaze and Kamelot. I have craving some epic progpower.
Slumber, the doom band? I think that's the only doom I've ever liked ;) As for recommendations...Angra, Avantasia, Dark Moor, Heavenly...but these are probably known to you already :D

<--- Demons And Wizards - The Gunslinger [Demons_And_Wizards-Touched_By_The_Crimson_King-Ltd.Ed._Digipak-2005-ESM] 05:15 [Heavy Metal]

Slumber, the doom band? I think that's the only doom I've ever liked ;) As for recommendations...Angra, Avantasia, Dark Moor, Heavenly...but these are probably known to you already :D

<--- Demons And Wizards - The Gunslinger [Demons_And_Wizards-Touched_By_The_Crimson_King-Ltd.Ed._Digipak-2005-ESM] 05:15 [Heavy Metal]

Indeed I am VERY picky about my doom, but Slumber, Rapture, and Daylight Dies are all unbelievably good bands. Rapture and Slumber are both the two best doom bands in my mind though

And today it's still Sunstorm, and the song is "The Spirit Inside"

All I can say is HOLY FUCK!!!... and repeat it 5,000,000,000 times. A simple but mindblowingly awesome song that only Joe Lynn Turner can turn into ear candy! I live for music like this! *wipes tear* :)

My apologies, songs like this are just what I was born to hear (in the AOR genre at least). :kickass:

TYR-The Edge. From CD Eric The Red. Probably my favorite song ever!

Pagans Mind-Osiris' Triumphant Return. From CD Gods Equation. This band and the song alike is from a different dimension...ridiculously good!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRvlTZ7_wA&feature=PlayList&p=05679D9039DD92A8&index=8[/ame]

PYRAMAZE-Caramon's Poem. Of course, pure genious here! Did I actually cut and paste this track...like we all don't already know this greatness! This, for those in the new.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95D8dutjPvE&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choices there, Muz!

TYR-The Edge. From CD Eric The Red. Probably my favorite song ever!

The music is really good, but I can't stand the vocals I'm afraid. Reminds me a little on Blind Guardian, but - to me - they've got the same problem: music great, vocals not. Though Hansi's voice is really nice when he is not screaming.

Pagans Mind-Osiris' Triumphant Return. From CD Gods Equation. This band and the song alike is from a different dimension...ridiculously good!

I like the music better, also the vocals are somewhat better, though still not of the kind I really love. Ok, I'll admit it, it's quite hard for a singer to impress me. There are not many singers that I really love and can listen to over and over again. It's a big problem, because there are so many good songs out there and I just don't listen to them too often only because of the singer. :erk:

PYRAMAZE-Caramon's Poem. Of course, pure genious here! Did I actually cut and paste this track...like we all don't already know this greatness! This, for those in the new.

Well, this song is actually quite good, I like it! Do they have some more songs worth listening to? :lol:

Mind Key - The Seventh Seal from "Pulse for a Graveheart"

Excellent stuff! Keyboards and spacey-effects all over, Jorn Lande-ish vocals, melodic, bla bla bla... Great stuff!

RedCriss; Nice choices there, Muz!
The music is really good, but I can't stand the vocals I'm afraid. Reminds me a little on Blind Guardian, but - to me - they've got the same problem: music great, vocals not. Though Hansi's voice is really nice when he is not screaming.
I can understand you...but I really like Heri's voice in TYR all on its own...but more-so as a change of pace than most (growly) in this genre. He plays a decent guitar as well.

I never got into Blind Guardian, but have you heard the Iced Earth/Blind Guardian side project called Demons & Wizards? Excellent stuff

I have indeed! Actually I have the limited edition of their first album, though I don't remember its name at the moment. Really some good stuff, if I recall correctly I like "Fiddler On The Green", "Tear Down The Walls" and "Winter of Souls" most. I also checked their second album, but I didn't like it that much. Is there already a third one? Guess it's in the making, but I'm not sure...

I can understand you...but I really like Heri's voice in TYR all on its own...but more-so as a change of pace than most (growly) in this genre. He plays a decent guitar as well.

I'll check out some more songs of TYR. Do you maybe know where their name comes from? I'm just curious...

I'll check out some more songs of TYR. Do you maybe know where their name comes from? I'm just curious...

TYR is taken from Norse Mythology.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Týr

I love what they play and write in thier music...being from the Faroes Islands, its nothing but authentic traditional Viking Metal music. Controversial content in some eyes but interesting, honest, inspiring and epic as hell!
http://www.myspace.com/tyr1