What are you listening to?

Yep. Tuonela is a very autumn-y album.

Meanwhile, it's been almost 20 years since Slaughter of the Soul and it looks like At The Gates has something to say again :headbang::

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea just listened to it, great, great song and I have really high hopes for the album. So stoked for the release.

I'm listening to the new Threshold album For the Journey and it is fantastic. Maybe not quite up to par with MOP but then again, what album is?

I've been slowly, steadily and properly going through the Neurosis' discography in the past month or so. This is most likely the band that I've had the hardest time to "get into", yet at the same time felt so very rewarded. Brilliant music.

In the meantime, Roky Erickson. Such an underrated god of rock 'n' roll.

Neurosis is pretty damn good.

Still haven't gone through their whole material, so my previous statement falls into the category of somewhat ignorant, but damn it, their sound is so...dense. And there's so much behind it.

Okay, I will stop. Bottom line is, their sound is appropriate for my current mood, as well as their lyrical side which is open for interpretation, something which I like.

I actually never got into them, but I recall giving them a shot when I was 17 or 18 (a long while ago). Maybe I should revisit?

I'd give them a chance. Currently, I'm not much older than you when you tried to get into their music, and frankly, I had troubles in the beginning. Took me several months to actually start appreciating the fine intricacies in their sound, the little details inside massive, dense walls of seemingly chaotic sonic abuse - yet it all started to and is now fitting together.

It takes time though.
Not sure what your listening preferences are, but if you do give them another chance, be sure to listen each album from the first to last song, without shuffling the playlist and so on. Not meaning to sound condescending here, it's just that every 60 minutes or so of each of their works are meant to be listened as a whole.

Enjoy!

Picked up some Enshine, the new Soen release, and plugged a hole in my Agalloch collection for my birthday. Still thinking about picking up AtomA and some Wolves in the Throne Room.

Picked up some Enshine, the new Soen release, and plugged a hole in my Agalloch collection for my birthday. Still thinking about picking up AtomA and some Wolves in the Throne Room.

Birthday tally so far:

Enshine, Soen, Agalloch, Insomnium, Jane's Addiction, Negura Bunget, Ne Obliviscaris, Novembre.

Some older stuff on there that's either replacing worn out/lost CDs or me finally getting around to purchasing stuff that I kept coming back to listen to.

Also, it appears this birthday was brought to me by the letter "n"