What are you people driving these days?

Jurched

Ask&YoullBeSorry
May 10, 2005
Calais, Maine (not France)
Just curious: Whatt're you people driving these days?

Be honest.

I drive a 1995 Mercury Grand Marquis. Its got a lot of miles, but it runs so good, I can't think of ditching it now. Gotta schedule a coolant change so it keeps running good!

What else's out there? Who drives the Acura, and who's got the rusty white van?

And who's got the SmartCar? :ill:

Jurched

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 pickup and a 1985 Harley FXR Lowrider. Recently sold my 1969 Norton 750 Commando.

Jurched-Save your money on the coolant change. They recommend you change it because antifreeze is so caustic and over time it can break down. Lessening its ability to resist freezing. Buy a hydrometer and check the antifreeze. If it still reads as being good for -15-20 degrees, you are golden. The water jackets in your 302 and radiator don't care what color your antifreeze is. I wrenched cars for a living while I was going to school. I was always catchin' shit from my boss for not trying to get people to buy services I didn't think they needed. Mechanics can be real fuckin' crooked.

DSC00670.jpg

2007 Grand Prix
I bought it good Friday and already have over 5000 miles on it.:yow:

a 2000 Toyota Echo. i love it, but it's time for a new car.

98 red for taurus. Never broken down, 140000 miles and running good. I want a new car, just cuz the taurus was the worst designed POS ever made, but I like not having a car payment.

i got my 91 celica GT... old, but fast and very dependable.

and because i've got 4 kids... '06 Grand Caravan 3.3 V6. nice van.
i love the fact its got a built in DVD player for the kiddos.

plus the back seats fold down into the floor and its got big storage bins under the front bench seat, since they ditched the doomed all wheel drive idea.

toyota does need brakes though, but the motor and cooling are in great shape and its only got 165,000 miles on it.

2005 Mazda3 Sport

Mazda3S_GS_16W.jpg

Great mileage, sporty ride, plenty of space for my drumset...

I'd be curious to know what Billy drives. I'm guessing an '88 Cadillac DeVille ;)

psycho does it drive as nice as they say it does ?

Absolutely. I love the AWD....takes curves great. The only think that leaves a little to be desired is the turning radius (u-turns on skinny roads). Other than that, I love it....lotsa leg room in the back, but the car itself isn't overly big. Go test drive one.

Jurched-Save your money on the coolant change. The water jackets in your 302 and radiator don't care what color your antifreeze is.

I can dig it. But supposing the antifreeze is brown and smells like baked dog shit? I drained whatever's in the radiator last fall, but most of the fluid's still in the block!

I killed my 1968 Cadillac Sedan de Ville's radiator and water pump by not changing the fluid for five years. But then, I don't drive it much, so it just sat there and clogged the devices...

Jurched

I can dig it. But supposing the antifreeze is brown and smells like baked dog shit? I drained whatever's in the radiator last fall, but most of the fluid's still in the block!

I killed my 1968 Cadillac Sedan de Ville's radiator and water pump by not changing the fluid for five years. But then, I don't drive it much, so it just sat there and clogged the devices...

Jurched

garden hose that bitch for a while, let it drain into the earth, mother nature LOVES antifreeze! then fill'er'up!

disclaimer: I know nothing about automobiles

Jurched

Baked dog shit eh? If you drained it and refilled it last fall, you should be fine. Aside from the radiator. Most of your coolant is in the heater core. Your water jackets don't hold very much.
As far as the Caddy. She was a 68. You not doing a coolant flush didn't kill the water pump or radiator. What happened to that car? A 68 would have had the 472ci motor in it. Even in that boat, it probably hauled ass. Great car for the highway.