what are you reading?

Just finished reading "Kidnapped" which is about Australia's first known kidnapping of a child for ransom. Written by Mark Tedeschi QC.

I finished reading an advance copy of the Vince Flynn / Kyle Mills thriller Enemy of the State.

I'm now reading the Ace Atkins thriller The Fallen.

And I just received three new advance copies of books that I'll be doing reviews for.

I just finished Star Wars: Dark Disciple by Christie Golden. I thought it was actually pretty good.
Currently reading Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp. Only a few chapters in, but really enjoying it. Need to find more time to read it.

I just finished Star Wars: Dark Disciple by Christie Golden. I thought it was actually pretty good.
Currently reading Star Wars: Lords of the Sith by Paul S. Kemp. Only a few chapters in, but really enjoying it. Need to find more time to read it.
Lords of the Sith was good. Dark Disciple was awful.

I just finished reading Burnt Tongues which is an anthology of "transgressive" short fiction edited by Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club) among other people. Of course transgressiveness is a kind of moving target depending on the reader and their society; there was nothing I found terribly shocking but most of the stories were at least interesting or entertaining and a few of them I really loved.

I then picked up the book Universal Harvester and I'm only a few pages in. I'll admit that I was drawn to it because the cover creeped me out in a subtle sort of way and because I was specifically looking for horror involving older technology and came across the title in a booklist. From the reviews I've read the book ends up more concerned with exploring some artistic idea rather than the actual storytelling but maybe I'll update with my thoughts once I've finished it.

I'm half way into Neuromancer by William Gibson.
I've never been this entranced by a novel before, and its opened my love for science fiction even more! I can't wait to look for the rest of the Sprawl series.

I also finished reading Harlan Ellison's seminal short story I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. Never have I read something so bleak and dreadful in the best way possible (well...since Misery by Stephen King.)

Last edited:
220px-Legends_1998-1st_ed.jpg

Struggling through Samuel Beckett's "Trilogy" at the moment. Some patches of brilliance, especially in the first two books, but unfortunately (especially in the third book which is a bit of a mind-fuck) I'm not well-versed enough in literary history / theory to appreciate a lot of it I'm sure.

I've just finished The Snowman by Jo Nesbo. Good book. If you like detective stories, this book is worth reading. Currently, I'm looking for the next book to read, so thanks for sharing, guys, I'm sure, I'll find many good books here.
i read this back when it was a brand-new book
it was actually pretty good

Inferno- Den Brown.
I try to read a lot to improve my writing skills. I run my blog about music and I need the lyrics to be good. Now I use the services of writers from this site https://writinguniverse.com/descriptive-essay-topics/. They write everything on time and with quality. There are also many interesting articles on the site. Maybe someone is also blogging?

Last edited: