what are you reading?

0007160496.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

so far it's pretty good... :oops:

nini666 said:
wow.. i'd love to read that. there are only a few of those books left, because they were burnt after the war.. where did you get it from?

It's still in print as it's important part of history.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-0211929-2105453?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

And this isn't even the only one. There's at least five different printings for sale in Amazon for this book. Although what I've heard, it's pretty poorly written and not really worth ploughing through for other reason than maybe studying.

I'm reading "A Guide to Werewolf Literature" by Brian J. Frost. It's very interesting to read, which scans the history of werewolf stories and novels from the early times to the present day. It includes short samples from a lot of werewolf stories, some of which are really nice. The book talks about other things to do with werewolves.

nini666 said:
wow.. i'd love to read that. there are only a few of those books left, because they were burnt after the war.. where did you get it from? Is it THE acctual book that was printed at that time or only information about it? I think I should just write you a message since i don't think your gonna look at this again ^^

well I'm reading the Joy Luck Club a kind of boring book.. but oh well ^^ i guess i have to

http://www.hitler.org/writings/Mein_Kampf/

Bill Hicks - Love All the People (collection of his routines and writings)
Daniel Pinchbeck - Breaking open the head
Robert Anton Wilson - Prometheus Rising
George R.R. Martin - Game of Thrones (decided to get this much because of the praise here)
+ two roleplaying books....

I'm reading all of them at the same time. Couldn't decide which one to start first so I started them all. Progress is slow, but schizophrenic. :D

Silent Song said:
George R R Martin - A Game of Thrones. great so far. if his work maintains this level of writing, A Song of Ice and Fire is an epic fantasy series

Martin maintains the quality through the series. Trust me on that. I'm rereading the first 3 books right now. The 4th, "Feast for Crows," comes out in November. Right now I'm about halfway through Clash of Kings. Song of Ice and Fire is way up there in my personal favorites. Before I started rereading it though, I finished up Lord of the Rings (I read it about once a year if I can), Goodkind's Sword of Truth series (awesome books, ignore the naysayers), and Star Wars The New Jedi Order (was way better than anything in the prequels). Oh, and to whoever is reading the Godfather, I hope you like it, it has some great characterization.

The politics of ecstasy - T. Leary

We're a well read bunch of folks for being considered "long haired thugs" by the general media.

nini666 said:
wow.. i'd love to read that. there are only a few of those books left, because they were burnt after the war.. where did you get it from? Is it THE acctual book that was printed at that time or only information about it? I think I should just write you a message since i don't think your gonna look at this again ^^

well I'm reading the Joy Luck Club a kind of boring book.. but oh well ^^ i guess i have to

If you're still active, old europe is very gay about MK, but it is widely available in the states and most other places.

Finished the Bill Hicks book, don't really recommend it, unless you're a big fan of his... lot of repetition in the routines. Also almost finished Wilson's book, and it has been a very interesting non-mainstream theory on brains.

I'm currently somewhere around page 200 of the Game of Thrones and I have to thank everybody who recommended it here. Excellent book so far. I've never seen so many characters being presented in such a perfect way (meaning that there's probably around 20-30 characters so far and after the first 100 pages I know ALL of them well enough that I don't have to wonder who's who, with this amount of characters and families.... just genious)

Voice of God said:
Rage of the Demon King. It's the third part to Serpentwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist Pretty standard fantasy, but very well written
I READ A TRILOGY (I THINK ONE OF THE FIRST TRILOGIES HE WROTE) WHERE THERE WAS AN INTERDEMENTIONAL "RIFT" AND THERE WERE 2 DIFFERENT DIMENTIONS GOING TO WAR WITH EACH OTHER (I THINK IT WAS CALLED "RIFT WAR SAGA" OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) I REALLY DON'T REMEMBER IT THAT MUCH THOUGH CUZ I READ IT SO LONG AGO (POSSIBLY BACK WHEN IT WAS FIRST WRITTEN)

Iron_slayer said:
Im reading Lord of the rings , I didn't think it would be this deifferent to the movie
THE ONLY MOVIE BASED ON BOOK THAT I'VE EVER SEEN (THAT I CAN REMEMBER) THAT WAS EVEN CLOSE TO THE BOOK WAS THE 1ST HARRY POTTER MOVIE AND THAT WAS MOSTLY CUZ THE BOOK APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN WRITTEN AS A SCREENPLAY ANYWAY