What are you sinful pagan hellbound a-holes giving up for lent???

Skorned1 said:
I was just referring to how sensitive I was since my breakup w/Satan. It was really hard on me.

Wow, Darby's Dad is now referred to as Satan? He seems like a pretty cool guy...:p

Rich

I'll give up Sin (at least I'll try to) when the Catholic church deals with there priests molesting Children. Till then I'm giving up on the Church ........ I beleive in God, but man is flawed. Don't belive me just ask King James.

actually all I have to do ( and this is according to some book called the BIBLE) is ask for forgivness , and guess what there will be a VIP laminate waiting for me at heaven. Im not a non believer, I just believe Christianity is very hypocritical, and I think the Catholic religion is the most evil "cult" to ever have existed. Catholisism = NAMBLA

TD said:
Well I'm not gonna try and convert you, but let's just assume there is a God, if that's the case, you probably just really pissed him off by slagging the Pope, the Pope is his homeboy. Ya see, that's the thing. Non-believers have more to lose.

Johnny Ace said:
... Actually, God has more important things to do than to worry about the cokehead contractor that is taking me to small claims court after he signed off acknowledging that he was fired. The way I look at it, there are a lot of people out there that deserve the Big Guy's attention more than me. Like little kids who lose both parents in tragedies, tsunami victims, the survivors from the Great White fire, Nathan Bray's wife and baby boy, etc.

If God is omniscient, omnipresent and all-powerful, he or she should have no problem dealing with everything.

ok, here's something to think about for any of you on this board that do believe god exists whether you supposedly worship him or not. we know good and well that scott is an atheist, most likely john and the other guys too. they're just not as vocal about it. their lack of faith is more apparent than ever now with the thraxagram logo and numerous lyrical mentions of a lack of belief in god on WCFYA. any serious anthrax fan who listens to their music and takes it seriously as we all do and claims to believe in god and be a christian is hypocritical and lying to themselves. if god is real do you really think he likes anthrax? i doubt it. and what about other bands that most of us listen to like slayer, overkill, black label society, exodus, etc...? listening tot he type of ,usic we do and claiming to be christian just doesn't work. i tried it when i was a teenager because i was raised catholic and i was supposed to believe in god and what christianity taught. then a few years ago i came to a realization. i have never seen god or felt the presence that people who seriously believe in him talk about. so i gave up. i cannot explain how hard this was because when i got married i thought i did believe in god and i know my wife does. she's not a bible thumper and she doesn't preach to me, but i know it hurts her that i don't share her faith. my father became born again around that same time and one day asked if still believed in jesus. i said no and he started crying. for a long time he would beg me to go to church everytime i talked to him. i almost stopped having any association with him because he wouldn't leave the subject alone. finally he talked to his pastor and my wife and they both said to drop the subject and don't hastle me or he'd push me away. he still brings it up once in a while, but it's a lot better now. i still think that maybe one day i'll hear that voice that is supposed to be jesus talking to me and find faith, but i i'll have to know for sure that's what it is. until then i live in doubt and guilt knowing that i cannot make myself believe in something i'm not sure about and knowing that i'm hurting the 2 most important people in my life everyday without even trying. and what bothers me and scares me the most is that if i am wrong and there really is a god what happens if i don't find him before i die? i'm screwed and there's nothing i can do about it. and the last couple years i've been having weird health problems and panic attacks thinking i was having a heart attack on numerous occasions. it sucks thinking you may be dying and not knowing if there's a god and wanting to believe that there is, but not being able to believe until you see him.

now back to the original question fo the post...this isn't because of lent, but i have recently decided to give up junk food and sodas and become more active in an attempt to lose wight. i've always been overweight, but i'm the biggest right now i've ever been. i went to my doctor last week and i've gained another 20 pounds since last year, so i've gotta get on the ball. plus i have an incentive. i'm going to parin in june and i want to be able to fit comfortably in a plane seat.

american as a whole are very religous,i just lost the bit where she didnt root and still gave birth to jesus,that just dont wash with me lol,also the few bread roles and a small amount of fish fed thousands,religion was meant for poor people with no hope,believing in god makes them feel better so no harm done.

the day a friend of mine or relative comes back from the dead and tells me what the deal is i will continue to live the way i do.

Hmmm, not giving up anything. I´m not a heavy drinker. The last time I had more than a few beers was last summer... haven´t smoked the evil marijuana for a long time. I exercise a lot right now and eat pretty healty stuff... maybe I should give up listening to that evil music from Thrax? The dark lord tempted poor Spitz... and soon he´ll be back playing the devils music. Nah... welcome home Danny.

ThraxDude said:
I'm gonna give up smoking Crack. And, to please the Lord, I'm going to start being respectful towards Buddy_Love_Bomb.

Oh, wait. I'm not catholic. And what has God done for me lately??? Nuthin.
pentagram1.gif

:bah: :bah: :bah: :bah: :bah:

The Man said:
ok, here's something to think about for any of you on this board that do believe god exists whether you supposedly worship him or not. we know good and well that scott is an atheist, most likely john and the other guys too. they're just not as vocal about it. their lack of faith is more apparent than ever now with the thraxagram logo and numerous lyrical mentions of a lack of belief in god on WCFYA. any serious anthrax fan who listens to their music and takes it seriously as we all do and claims to believe in god and be a christian is hypocritical and lying to themselves. if god is real do you really think he likes anthrax? i doubt it. and what about other bands that most of us listen to like slayer, overkill, black label society, exodus, etc...? listening tot he type of ,usic we do and claiming to be christian just doesn't work. i tried it when i was a teenager because i was raised catholic and i was supposed to believe in god and what christianity taught. then a few years ago i came to a realization. i have never seen god or felt the presence that people who seriously believe in him talk about. so i gave up. i cannot explain how hard this was because when i got married i thought i did believe in god and i know my wife does. she's not a bible thumper and she doesn't preach to me, but i know it hurts her that i don't share her faith. my father became born again around that same time and one day asked if still believed in jesus. i said no and he started crying. for a long time he would beg me to go to church everytime i talked to him. i almost stopped having any association with him because he wouldn't leave the subject alone. finally he talked to his pastor and my wife and they both said to drop the subject and don't hastle me or he'd push me away. he still brings it up once in a while, but it's a lot better now. i still think that maybe one day i'll hear that voice that is supposed to be jesus talking to me and find faith, but i i'll have to know for sure that's what it is. until then i live in doubt and guilt knowing that i cannot make myself believe in something i'm not sure about and knowing that i'm hurting the 2 most important people in my life everyday without even trying. and what bothers me and scares me the most is that if i am wrong and there really is a god what happens if i don't find him before i die? i'm screwed and there's nothing i can do about it. and the last couple years i've been having weird health problems and panic attacks thinking i was having a heart attack on numerous occasions. it sucks thinking you may be dying and not knowing if there's a god and wanting to believe that there is, but not being able to believe until you see him.

now back to the original question fo the post...this isn't because of lent, but i have recently decided to give up junk food and sodas and become more active in an attempt to lose wight. i've always been overweight, but i'm the biggest right now i've ever been. i went to my doctor last week and i've gained another 20 pounds since last year, so i've gotta get on the ball. plus i have an incentive. i'm going to parin in june and i want to be able to fit comfortably in a plane seat.

So if I like watching "Friday the 13th" movies, I must believe in slashing everyone to death, right. I can listen to any music without giving a rat's butt about the lyrical content. Am I supposed to kill myself when I listen to "Better By You, Better Than Me?" Asinine post./