What Bands are right for me??

I think you shouldn't judge him, just because he likes those bands, I named bands that were similar and more to his liking. Why does every thread have to be about being true and who listens to the most underground bands.

Because that's what Ultimatemetal.com is all about amirite? :Smug:

I 2nd pessimism's post. Some good recs there. I'd say start off with the more mainstream bands that everyone seems to like before delving deeper into the heavier more underground bands though. Definitely try to appreciate the roots of metal with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.

If you want to jump into heavy stuff straight away, I know I started off with Decapitated, Behemoth and Dark Tranquility.

Your best bet is to forget about what you have heard so far, because the 3 bands you have listed all suck. Some albums I usually recommend to newbies of metal, covering a range of genres:

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Death - Symbolic
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter

Check these out instead.

Your best bet is to forget about what you have heard so far, because the 3 bands you have listed all suck. Some albums I usually recommend to newbies of metal, covering a range of genres:

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Death - Symbolic
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter

Check these out instead.

I don't think any of your recs are what the OP is looking for. He clearly knows what he likes already.

I think some of you guys are giving this kid some suggestions that are WAY out of his element.

I mean suggesting Morbid Angel to a Mudvayne fan is like suggesting a Filet Mignon to a person that loves Mcdonalds ( he's just not going to appreciate it.)

Norma Jean
Candiria
Hatebreed

...and so on. Give 'em something he can chew first.

I 2nd pessimism's post. Some good recs there. I'd say start off with the more mainstream bands that everyone seems to like before delving deeper into the heavier more underground bands though. Definitely try to appreciate the roots of metal with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.

If you want to jump into heavy stuff straight away, I know I started off with Decapitated, Behemoth and Dark Tranquility.

Good sir, I wish to perform the act of "high-ing a five" to you, now let us get some opiates and coffee and talk of politic.