What do I do to quit smoking?

Its going on 10 months now without a cigarette for me. My advice is stay away from the sauce(first and foremost), start working out, and chew alot of gum. Eating licorice, or even having it in your mouth, helps too for the majority of the day.

How about just stop. Make use of this thing called will power.

Easier said than done. We're talking about a chemical addiction here. Though it seems to be true that how easy it is to quit smoking varies from person to person. I know people that just completely stopped and didn't seem to have a problem with it. I've never been able to do that. The withdrawal drives me fucking nuts.

Anyway, I've been cutting down lately. I've gone from about 4-5 packs per week to only 2 or sometimes less than that, which is quite the progress for me. The main reason is that I'm living with my grandmother for the time being and I don't like her to see me smoke because I don't want her to worry about my health. So the only time I smoke is when I can sneak one while she's asleep or when I go to work. At the rate I'm going I'm thinking I could quit, I'm just not sure if I can take that extra step, but I really want to.

I smoke one on rare occasions now. I originally bought a pack every morning. I do not drink or do pills anymore and did those a lot longer and have been clean for about 5 weeks and stopped and it's actually easier and have smoked about 4,5 cigs since then.

Isn't there something you can spray into your mouth that makes cigarettes taste really bad?

Of course it's the best way, but how well can you honestly expect it to work for most people? There is no on and off switch for addiction. You can always just will yourself to stop doing something, and if you (actually referring to Mort) think that you can, and that everyone else can as well, whenever they want, then you are painfully naive and don't understand how addiction works.

Personally, I agree with numbers guy. I really think that the out of sight, out of mind approach is the best way to go for most any situation like this in which you're trying to break some kind of habit. Of course that isn't fool proof either.

This doesn't really help the OP, but the best cure for addiction is never starting. I never understood why people start smoking tbh

I have just retained my freedom to choose tobacco May 24th, and Yet, I'm still having the trouble of getting myself to quit the destructive habit of Smoking. It's either one thing or another. People say to keep myself occupied, my hands and all. Being a smoker for quite a long time (although I smoked pot before cigarettes) I am able to smoke a cigarette whilst doing mostly anything. I am able to smoke during a shower, doing laundry, typing, ect...

You need to find something else to do. I've not smoked for 7 months now. It was as hard as hell trying to quit at first, but you just have to keep your mind occupied on other things. It's easy getting over the addiction, it's just the mental aspect of it.

bender.jpeg

Me in 10 years.
Sexy?