What do I do to quit smoking?

I've only smoked a cigarette once. I liked the taste, but I don't want to ever do it again, because I know it is bad.

I'm sure a little minimal google searching can get you a lot of resources. I've seen a lot of commercials for new drugs that are supposed to help, but I have no idea if they are effective. I have never smoked nor do I plan on starting.

If your a strong enough person you'll be able to pull it off.
I quit because i wanted to not because i was told to or anything, its a disgusting habit and is poison for your body just like alcohol.

Almost all of my friends smoke/do drugs. Luckily I've never had the slightest inclination to start

I only smoke once in a while, and only cigars really. I'm not the kind of person who gets hopelessly addicted to things either, so if I smoked cigarettes regularly for a while, I could stop easily if I wanted to. And to be honest, more than anything it's the act of smoking that I like most, that and it being almost like a hobby - the taste is fine, and I suppose it can help one relax a bit but to me that's all secondary! :lol:

I have just retained my freedom to choose tobacco May 24th, and Yet, I'm still having the trouble of getting myself to quit the destructive habit of Smoking. It's either one thing or another. People say to keep myself occupied, my hands and all. Being a smoker for quite a long time (although I smoked pot before cigarettes) I am able to smoke a cigarette whilst doing mostly anything. I am able to smoke during a shower, doing laundry, typing, ect...

I just recently quit, and for me it was just saying no. I just decided one day that I don't want to anymore. I know it's not always that easy, but I had the motivation of money. I freed up the money for one extra CD a week by quitting... so that helped immensely.

I would recommend doing it one at a time, if you're that addicted. Just smoke one less cigarette each day, and eventually you'll get to where you want to be.

Cold turkey worked fine for me. Every friend I know who has tried other methods of quitting has failed, because the mindset when trying these things is "this will make me stop". The only thing that will make you stop smoking is YOU.

Will power...also a trip to a hospital to see some patients dying of lung cancer from smoking, not a pretty sight. Both my parents died from lung cancer at a young age, and I watched them both suffer and wilt away. I never got into smoking but after seeing firsthand what it can do, it sickens me how bad it is and how people continue to do it.

Remember, the cigs that people smoke now and in the not so distant past are far more dangerous than the cigs people smoked a generation or two before us.

Hey, maybe this post will help you stop...I hope so?

taper it!

switch to lights for a week, then to ultra lights for two, and try to go cold turkey after that. tapering has a much higher success rate than cold turkey. If you decide to do it, keep us updated :>