What do we mean by "groove" in thrash / death metal?

hahaha.... I always say this: if you didn't fill in the paperwork, you're not a fucking immigrant, you're a tourist working illegally. so get the fuck out or do your paper work.

Sure, it's extremly melodious (and therefore perhaps not "groove" per se), but I immediately associate groove with Arghoslent and their Incorrigible Bigotry album. Or would you say that's just catchy riffs and great melodies? If so, what's the difference? :loco:

this new ANATA disc is kicking my ass all over the place as well ... less techy than the previous one ... just nice fat crunch

lurch70 said:
JK ... found some cool shit for you ... some real old school flavor death/thrash from fucking SERBIA .... these boys are unsigned too ... listen to both tracks ...

http://www.myspace.com/amondin

Galloping death/thrash!? Woah this rules. Listen to that riff/time change at 1:30 on "Destiny" and then the melody at 2:00. This is like Maiden meets Kreator or something.

yeah it's great shit ... hooked me on first listen ... there is some masturbation type soloing on that Umbra track as well ... all of you should drool over that.

The Amon Din is pretty solid. Going to queue up the Anata later and check them out. Thanks.

As for the original thread subject, if I had any odea what "groove" referred to, in respect to heavier music, than I can assure you I know longer do, after reading this thread.

Zod