what do you do when you're down?

I used to just wait for the feeling to pass. Thankfully the one time I was truly depressed (due to post-traumatic stress) only lasted about a week. Nothing was enjoyable and food tasted so bland. The most exciting thing I did was probably to punch my pillow a few times.

Now I totally overthink the situation. I realised I only feel negative emotions when thinking about something from the typical/natural perspective. The trick is to step out of that and explore as many other perspectives as possible, eg. the funny side, the absurdity of the universe, how things going wrong in the short term might be best for the long term/the bigger picture. Initially I used this to sidestep lesser issues such as being overly shy. But later, and I don't necessarily recommend this as it can be quite torturous, I brutally overpondered some more difficult distress for days until I found a positive perspective to settle into. A crash course to grow mentally rather than hoping time will heal things.

when I'm down I like to play my guitar, when I'm playing up to my ability all seems to end good. There are times though when I can't play a lick and then I have to get creative and try whatever will bring me back up to my usual perky self.

I hear you about life being too short, I've found that if I let whatever get me down then it's all on me, but if I just do what I can then I'm letting myself be in a much better place.

Normally when I'm in one of those day, I like to isolate myself a bit from people.
I try to write a bit, I burn some incense and drink some tea.
I know this sounds quite dumb, but hey, it ain't stupid if it works!

Help someone else.

I get depressed, really angry and the urge to make something bleed regularly.

It doesn't help anymore, but I would go help teach at my karate school. I don't teach anymore, but it made me feel really good making the kids laugh. I was a goofy teenager that they all loved.

_____
Billig forbrukslån

Last edited:
50/50 either wallow in the feel of dread and let it inspire something, or keep my brain active enough with media so I don't have to think about it.