What do you do while listening to music?

What do you usually do while listening to music?

• Eating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TV

• Sport's

• Reading

• Drawing

• Muting a video and listening to my own music while watching that video

• Exercise

• Drinking Alcohol

• Smoking

• While thinking about how miserable my life is

• Total voters

Indestructible

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2010
What do you usually do while listening to music?

For me, it's probably browsing the internet or a game.

Laying in bed, surfing the net or reading sth. If i want to concentrate on the music, i just lay in bed and listen. If not, surfing the net or reading sth (esp. novels).

Music certainly helps me concentrate in certain situations - even in video games, it helps improve my gaming mood. But only certain games are suitable for putting on music while playing them. Some are just better off listening to the game's music so you don't miss important stuff during the game. But the average MMORPG - I'd prefer my own music over the game one. Ever heard of grinding in online games? Without music it can be quite a pain to do that :)

But really, I never find myself listening to music without doing anything else. Really not the kind... I'd get bored easily....

For me, trying to get something productive done while listening to music is a disaster. Even if it's something ambient I end up paying way too much attention to it.

It would probably work with gaming or something like that, but I've never seen the point since stuff like that tends to have a soundtrack of it's own.

For me, trying to get something productive done while listening to music is a disaster. Even if it's something ambient I end up paying way too much attention to it.

It would probably work with gaming or something like that, but I've never seen the point since stuff like that tends to have a soundtrack of it's own.
For me it only works in very few specific games. For example, games with repetitive background music/sounds, games with boring/uninteresting sound and games with no sound at all - I had that too. If you ever played an MMORPG, these are a good example of games with boring/repetitive music.

If it may matter, I found that lowering the volume of music to a more quiet degree actually helps with the productive kind of things to be done, without it interrupting whatever it is you work on. But some people just need complete silence to get something done, and that's understandable.