what do you feel when listening to OL ?

Folklore

Orphaned Avi (not drumer)
Sep 18, 2002
Israel
www.orphaned-land.co.il
well, I think that everyone here must be feeling something special while listening to OL, seeing pictures and places in their mind and thinking of different places the music is painting for them...

I think that Sahara and El Notta Alila are albums which make me wanna disconnect myself from the trubles here have here, and just get high slightly high or lushed and travel to places like Iran or Mecca.. to breath the orient deep into my lungs without getting any politicaly involved... (dont forget that the conflict in the mid. east is only 100 years old and the times before that were calm... hopefully the future will be so too)

I just wanna gaze at the great musqs of teheran or mount. Arafat, or the pilgrimers in mecca...
and in the end of the very same time, go back home to jerusalem and see the sun setting in fron of the wailing wall... the same sun who have seen the temples rise and fall, and rise again...

:dopey: no im not doing drugs :dopey:
im high on life :loco::D

..so warm..I feel like wandering throughout the hot Arabian deserts...and a sandstorm breaks out..nothing can be seen..just a voice coming from deep inside,calling me back to the ancient mystic lands of the east.. the soul leaves the flesh as it dances with eternity..after some time the storm calms down and that's when the music and the dream ends..

Many of the images evoked by Orphaned Land's music are naturalistic: hot barren deserts disturbed by destructive power both natural and manmade, the fury of the ocean in Mabool, the serenity of an open sky in the quieter tracks. I'm also reminded of ancient rituals in some of the vocal sections, and the idea of a presence of powers beyond our control is expressed very well in the grandiose parts of Mabool.

It Depends On My Mood...
If My Mood Is Dark , Depressed Or Sad , Orphaned Land's Music Travel's Me To Paths That Have Never Been Walked By A Human . So I Am The First That Walks On Them , Anxious To See Where They Can Reach...
If I Am In A Good Mood , Orphaned Land's Music Lit Me Up To Upper Thoughts , Away From Dark Shadows Of Thoughts And Acts... Just Away... To The Land Of Joy...
Thank You Orphaned Land ...

I feel safe...fighting with the waves, trying not to drown in the flood of our nowadays world, Orphaned Land is a life boat...a safe ark.

Orphaned Land's music has the power to unite...a message written on hope...with feelings that gave birth to love.

A warm, beautiful Land...a Godsend fountain from where this uniting Orphaned family draws strength from...

Thank you Orphaned Land!!! :worship:

at the risk of sounding crude listening to OL evokes memories of many years going to the Atlantic seaboard, on a cold summers days, and going for a swim. The parallel with OL is that your spirit feels enlivened and energised afterwards.