What do you do when you mix tracks?

xKite123

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2011
Hey there!

I'm new here and first of all I want to introduce myself a little bit.. I'm Fabian, 17 years old and currently singing in a Band called "Life In Agony" (yes, "In" ^^).
So I've been messing around with mixing music (DAW: Cubase; Plugins like EZ Drummer, DrumXChanger,Guitar Rig) and I wanted to ask, if you could write me (or send me links to a tutorial; sorry if I haven't seen it) on how to Mix music. (shouldn't be exactly defined.. just a overview or sth.)
My problem is Drum replacing and making the guitars sound very nice (how do I blow up the guitar sound?).. So, which programs do you recommend me for Drum replacing and so on?

Well, thanks and I hope I'll get a lot of answers :)

Cheerio

Welcome,

Next let me answer your question, THEN I will get on your case ...(kinda standard faire around here so dont take offense)

First off you are not going to get "BIG" guitar sound out of Guitar Rig. The only quality plugins that handle "BIG" guitar sound imho are the stuff Onquel and (god I cant remember his name now he did the killer 5150 and 6505 plugins) put out. Mix those with Catharsis Impulses and LePou and you can get BIG sounds. DUMP GUITAR RIG FAST! EZ Drummer doesnt really do sample replacing, it is for people who dont want to program drums. EZ Drummer in general takes a SHIT TON of post processing (EQ, Compression, Limiting) to get it to sound good. Do yourself a favor and if you insist on programming drums go with Slate Drums or Superior Drummer. If you are trying to do drum replacing Slates TRIGGER Platinum is the best there is. It comes with a full library of Slate Drums that take minimal post processing to use. In addition to that I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend you get LSD drums. Lasses (one of the moderators of this forum) has put together the BEST drum sounds for metal I have ever heard or used.

Ok now that all of that is out of the way.....

Dude, seriously you need to read the FAQ before you post. ALL if your questions have been answered in a MILLION AND 1 posts on this forum already. ASeriously READ THE FAQ and ALL of the stickied topics BEFORE asking questions. I GUARANDAMTEE you that your question is covered.

Welcome to the forum, stop being n00b, and follow the rules and post int he CORRECT section of the forum. If you would have read the FAQ and Stickies you would know this!

Thanks

not to be a dick but how did you post this in the "Production Tips" section and NOT look at the long list of sticky topics right at the top that cover about 99% of everything you just asked?

EDIT: Fuck you Jay for sneaking your post in before me :p

training+day.jpg

;)

@guitarguru777
Excuse me, but where can I find stuff by "Onquel"? Can't find anything here in the forum or in google!

And please, stop being offtopic :D

"So I've been messing around with mixing music with (Cubase,...!! DrumXChanger !!.....) "

"My problem is Drum replacing "

:worship: