What do you do when you mix tracks?

wow. this thread is total bullshit.
everyones just making fun..

this is the only forum i know that does that. so whatever, i guess lol.

this is the only forum i know that does that. so whatever, i guess lol.

and yet .. HERE YOU ARE ... feel free to leave anytime lady

or instead, recognize the fun for what it is and stop being such a fun-sponge. You'll notice that even though we may be bustin the kid's nuts a bit, his questions were answered pretty much right away ;)

-"What do you do when mixing tracks?"

-Push the BOOOM buttons merciless, constantly ride the faders up and down so I eventually blow up my tones. Just like everyone else.

I use the new Line 6 POD X3 "Tact" (Joey Sturgis signature model ;)):
tact.jpg

It's awesome! :D

if you could write me on how to Mix music.

It's not possible. Practice and practice some more. Post some clips and we will give constructive criticism. Read, watch tutorial vids (stay away from expert village), and accept your going to fail a lot in the beginning.

And everyone is busting your chops because what your asking is quite silly. Would you like a how to on building a car as well with that little request?

If the answer was easy, don't you think everyone's tracks would sound like Andy Sneap or Joey Sturgis?

and yet .. HERE YOU ARE ... feel free to leave anytime lady

or instead, recognize the fun for what it is and stop being such a fun-sponge. You'll notice that even though we may be bustin the kid's nuts a bit, his questions were answered pretty much right away ;)

i would leave but i love watching shit talking amatures like yourself
but who knows
maybe im just busting YOUR balls

you dont like it, do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: FYI, his questions werent answered.
all i see is total disrespect.

but who knows
maybe im just busting YOUR balls

you dont like it, do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: FYI, his questions werent answered.
all i see is total disrespect.

Actually. I doubt you're bothering him in the least. As for questions answered... Refer to the VERY FIRST REPLY:

Welcome,

Next let me answer your question, THEN I will get on your case ...(kinda standard faire around here so dont take offense)

First off you are not going to get "BIG" guitar sound out of Guitar Rig. The only quality plugins that handle "BIG" guitar sound imho are the stuff Onquel and (god I cant remember his name now he did the killer 5150 and 6505 plugins) put out. Mix those with Catharsis Impulses and LePou and you can get BIG sounds. DUMP GUITAR RIG FAST! EZ Drummer doesnt really do sample replacing, it is for people who dont want to program drums. EZ Drummer in general takes a SHIT TON of post processing (EQ, Compression, Limiting) to get it to sound good. Do yourself a favor and if you insist on programming drums go with Slate Drums or Superior Drummer. If you are trying to do drum replacing Slates TRIGGER Platinum is the best there is. It comes with a full library of Slate Drums that take minimal post processing to use. In addition to that I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend you get LSD drums. Lasses (one of the moderators of this forum) has put together the BEST drum sounds for metal I have ever heard or used.

Ok now that all of that is out of the way.....

Dude, seriously you need to read the FAQ before you post. ALL if your questions have been answered in a MILLION AND 1 posts on this forum already. ASeriously READ THE FAQ and ALL of the stickied topics BEFORE asking questions. I GUARANDAMTEE you that your question is covered.

Welcome to the forum, stop being n00b, and follow the rules and post int he CORRECT section of the forum. If you would have read the FAQ and Stickies you would know this!

Thanks

You done now?

Dude ... seriously? You are calling HIM an amature and you use a Profire 2626 ..... LOL

Look at your gear list:

-M-audio Profire 2626 <<<< HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
-Tascam US-2400 Control surface <<< Wow an ancient control surface
-Avid Pro Tools 8, <<
PT 8 was not Avid it was Digidesign, so stop trying to trick people, It probably M-Powered too ...lol
-Cockos Reaper 3.66, << Really? Why?
-Reason,
-Waves - Yet none of your monitors cost over $400 each and you have a $400 interface. Do you really expect me to believe you paid over $4000 for plugins? Get your software stealing ass the fuck out of here.
-Sonnox,
-Melodyne DNA,
-Steven Slate Drums,
-Amplitube, << Sucks - nuff said
-Brainworx Plug-ins,
-Massey Plugins

Rack Hardware
daking <<<< HAHAHAHAHH YEA RIGHT! Along with you $4000 worth of Waves...LOL
focusrite
m-audio <<< YUP its PT8 is M-Powered ...lol

Microphones

Neumann, senheisser, shure, rode..lots <<, Really and you run them through that shit profire .... uggh Fucking amatures

You really have no fucking clue who you are dealing with here do you. Dont try and impress us with your gear. Impress us with your mixes. no-one gives a fuck about your gear. ITS WHAT YOU DO WITH THE GEAR YOU HAVE that counts .... So till you start posting quality mixes or advice just shut up.

Actually. I doubt you're bothering him in the least. As for questions answered... Refer to the VERY FIRST REPLY:
denzel_intro.jpg

Or post #11 ;)
This is to help you with finding shit
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/262441-useful-links-faq-please-read.html

look for the thing that says "Sneap Search" and bookmark it

EDIT: Strange, I had actually written a little extra in this post but it didn't seem to show up ... anyway, all I said was yes, in fact I am an amateur ... I never claimed to be a professional because I don't make a living doing this

However, I do know how to search around and read before posting ;)

Dude ... seriously? You are calling HIM an amature and you use a Profire 2626 ..... LOL

Look at your gear list:

-M-audio Profire 2626 <<<< HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
-Tascam US-2400 Control surface <<< Wow an ancient control surface
-Avid Pro Tools 8, <<
PT 8 was not Avid it was Digidesign, so stop trying to trick people, It probably M-Powered too ...lol
-Cockos Reaper 3.66, << Really? Why?
-Reason,
-Waves - Yet none of your monitors cost over $400 each and you have a $400 interface. Do you really expect me to believe you paid over $4000 for plugins? Get your software stealing ass the fuck out of here.
-Sonnox,
-Melodyne DNA,
-Steven Slate Drums,
-Amplitube, << Sucks - nuff said
-Brainworx Plug-ins,
-Massey Plugins

Rack Hardware
daking <<<< HAHAHAHAHH YEA RIGHT! Along with you $4000 worth of Waves...LOL
focusrite
m-audio <<< YUP its PT8 is M-Powered ...lol

Microphones

Neumann, senheisser, shure, rode..lots <<, Really and you run them through that shit profire .... uggh Fucking amatures

You really have no fucking clue who you are dealing with here do you. Dont try and impress us with your gear. Impress us with your mixes. no-one gives a fuck about your gear. ITS WHAT YOU DO WITH THE GEAR YOU HAVE that counts .... So till you start posting quality mixes or advice just shut up.

wow!!! lmfao!
you actually took the time to say a negitave thing about each item i have in my studio?

and whats wrong with profire 26/26s?
and avids been "avid" for years and years and years.
they just called their products "avid" a little under a year.

dude, clearly you dont know what an engineer means or what it takes to being an engineer.

take a course and get back to me
you fucking shit talking amature.

-Waves - Yet none of your monitors cost over $400 each and you have a $400 interface. Do you really expect me to believe you paid over $4000 for plugins? Get your software stealing ass the fuck out of here.[/COLOR}
[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

dude.. my monitors are probably worth more than your car.
i have vintage dynaudio BM15 monitors. which used to cost almost 3000 dollars a piece.
they are rare. you cant find them anymore.
you dont even know what your talking about.

and who said i stole my waves plugins?
i just buy the singles. you can buy just an eq for as little as 100 bucks.
im not stupid like most people, and buy the bundle. i dont need 4000000 plugins that will get NO USE IN MY STUDIO. people who need MORE, know LESS.

i just need a couple of eqs and a couple of compressors, a gate, and thats it. the rest is in my other plug in collection. (NO thats not ALLL i need..its just what i have from waves)

and if i want to steal plug ins, ill steal em if i want to.
ill steal it out of your moms ass if i want to. who the fuck are you to tell me what i can and cant do. if i were to get caught. that would be my problem. not that i steal plug ins. but hi-pathetically speaking.

pps. my tascam control surface works way better than the euphonix/mackie/and even digidesign controllers.

better response than all that shit.