what do you guys do to transfer the mix of one project to another

In Cubase: right click on mixer --> save mixer settings --> open the other project --> right click on mixer --> load mixer settings

works!

jipchen what I mean is this:
you send all your shit to busses. then you want automate your busses and bammmm:
the bus isnt at the right in the mixer but it somewhere in the middle. so logic doesnt recognize the mixer right and you cant import session data correctly.

this is the most epic fail logic has.

I love logic but this sucks so hard

this is something ive encountered too.

In the end i'd just resort to making a mix template and importing the each songs content into it.
Hopefully they'll make swapping settings project to project easier on the next version of logic :)

( post 500! )

jipchen what I mean is this:
you send all your shit to busses. then you want automate your busses and bammmm:
the bus isnt at the right in the mixer but it somewhere in the middle. so logic doesnt recognize the mixer right and you cant import session data correctly.

this is the most epic fail logic has.

I love logic but this sucks so hard

I'm using the AUX-channels instead and choose to create an arrange track and then move the "track" to where I want it in the order. Easy to automate and it shows up just where you want it.

But what you're describing sound like an issue with environment (cmd-8 iirc) not being setup properly.

I use logic 9 and realy like it besides the broken ability to exchange mix settings between projects.
I track big sessions in different projects and its so time consuming to copy every channelstrip into the other project or copy all audio in the other project and stuff. IT SIMPLY SUCKS
Logic 9 has this option but it NEVER works. NEVER
Make one automation in one project and the channel wont be recognized in the other project

thats the only reason I am playing with the idea of moving over to protools..If I am not mistaken there is a function to exchange stuff that actuelly works?!?!

I've never run into a problem with importing session data in logic.