What do you like most about Heathen Crusade?

Pick 7 or something

• The music

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • The bands

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • The crowd

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • The venue

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • The drinking

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Hanging with the bands

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Price of drinks at the venue

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 2 days better than 1

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • ticket prices

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • merch CD tables

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • that wall of shirts

• The hotel

• The hotel parties

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Dominos at 2am

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • The promoters

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • The free shuttle bus

• Other (what did I forget?)

• Total voters
That it affords me the opportunity to move in on your wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, etc. in the time that you're all off doing aforementioned activities.

I chose: music, bands, crowd, 2 days, ticket prices, hotel parties, promoters, and shuttle bus.

Granted, ALL the poll selections are worth a vote, but to me, you could remove all those remaining 'nice to have' choices and be left with the 8 I picked and still have enough reason to go. So when you add it all together, you get a pretty wicked weekend.

I could probably even live without the shuttle bus provided Jerry keeps yacking up an hour before drive time. :loco:

Jerry's Puke N Ride = 2 minute drive back to the hotel
Free Shuttle = An Entire Tour of the St. Paul/ Minneapolis Metropolitan area.

How ditzy was that crackwhore who was driving you guys around? A real life Otto if I had ever seen one.

At one point during the night, when travelling from the hotel to the venue after dinner, we had to share the shuttle with some people going to some sporting event, causing the trip to last 20 minutes longer, causing me to miss most of mael mordha...

So the free shuttle was not too good in the end.

I laughed at how she was soliciting people at the hotel bar, trying to drive them down to the bikini contest thing.

At one point during the night, when travelling from the hotel to the venue after dinner, we had to share the shuttle with some people going to some sporting event, causing the trip to last 20 minutes longer, causing me to miss most of mael mordha...

So the free shuttle was not too good in the end.

Fuck! That is unbelievable. The venue is a 3 minute drive from the hotel, she couldn't just drop you guys off first? Goddamn midwest.

That old she-servant in the hotel restaurant was a nasty shit too. "Hi can I get the check please?", and in response, "uuugh, you'll just have to wait!" in her crackly mangly broken voicebox full of snus spit. She liked Jason though.

That old she-servant in the hotel restaurant was a nasty shit too. "Hi can I get the check please?", and in response, "uuugh, you'll just have to wait!" in her crackly mangly broken voicebox full of snus spit. She liked Jason though.

That chick was unbelievably horrible at her job. She was a bit nicer on Sunday morning when we had breakfast with Jason. I think she had something against you, Ali :p

I'm a boring anti-social fucktard, I so really only care about the music, and the price I have to pay to experience it. The whole weekend cost me $320, and with 18 good bands, it had one of the highest benefit/cost ratios of any festival I've attended. Only beaten by that year I rode my bike to the Milwaukee Metalfest, and camped there, so that was like $70 for at least 50 bands. Hmm, ok, and another one that was probably pretty close too was that day at ProgPower Europe where I saw Green Carnation, Orphaned Land and Disillusion because my company had paid for me to be there. :D

Anyway:

The music: Yeah.

The bands: Isn't this pretty much "the music"?

The crowd: I guess it was nice to have a generally enthusiastic and non-annoying crowd.

The venue: A nicer place would have been nicer, but would have raised the cost.

The drinking: I was recovering from an illness so the only drinking I did was at that nice brewpub on Saturday.

Hanging with the bands: Didn't hang with any, and don't much care.

Price of drinks at the venue: See above

2 days better than 1: Yeah. Part of the "cost" factor; amortizing travel expenses over two days helps.

ticket prices: Part of the "cost" factor, but when travelling, only a minor part, so not that important.

merch CD tables: I don't buy CDs anymore, so I never even looked at them.

that wall of shirts: I rarely buy shirts. But it brought me back to the days of Nightfall Records in Chicago.

The hotel: Mine was awesome, but it wasn't "the" hotel.

The hotel parties: n/a

Dominos at 2am: n/a

The promoters: yeah, inasmuch as they're part of "the music".

The free shuttle bus: n/a. My hotel was an 8-minute walk from the venue.

Neil