What do you really think about this...

MichiMikey said:
When your country makes a proportionate contribution you can have a say in things.....until then.........shhhhhhhh!
australia has been one of america's biggest supporters u tosspot,we had the sas troops deep in iraq doing all the risky stuff to help american and british troops do there shit,even the american troops were in awe of what the sas had done,same with afghanistan!!!!!!!

for the size of our country,20 million people and where we are situated i think we showed alot of guts for being so supportive,we have millions of fucksticks right on our doorstep but we backed america 100%

i am so glad america and australia are such good friends!

I´m not offendend by his WMD-joke but as you said, I don´t think it would go over well in a room with relatives to the killed soldiers OR the relatives to the killed iraqi civilians. It was supposed as a personal joke (made up by him and the PR-people).

Most people from Iraq that I know are happy that the US/Brits/Polish/Aussies and so one are there but a lot of them are just getting more and more cynical. If it´s not Saddam gasing them or torturing them in prisons it´s F-16s dropping bombs and Bradleys patroling the streets. Hopefully the patrols makes it somewhat safer for children, policemen, shopkeepers and everyone else that needs to get out on the streets. But maybe the terrorists see the patrols as legitime targets. So ok... the Bradleys and soldiers are needed but would any of you like to live there where you might be killed by RPG or a sniper, stopped everyday at checkpoints and be searched by both soldiers and dogs?

For most foreign troops in Iraq it must feel good to try and make it a safer place but that doesn´t mean the governmets that represents them at home think in those terms. For them the liberation of Iraq must be worth the money they put in the so-called "hunt for WMD". Or do they have something else in mind? I don´t know much about how to build up a country but almost from the start of the invasion contracts and deals for oil- and constructioncompanies were made but they only thing I heard about making a democratic system in Iraq was talks about some ex-iraqi who haven´t lived there for decades... did the coalition think that the other anti-Saddam groups would say "Thanks for freeing us... yes put whoever you want in charge! You got the guns and the money so you must know what will be best for us, nevermind that you supported Saddam before...oh yes, that will be terrific!"

The coallition should (in my opinion) stay for a long time, they will need the soldiers there while they carefully make plans for how to make Iraq a democratic society.

As an European, I feel reluctant to talk about this matter, but Stupid White Men by Michael Moore is my favourite book now. :)

Just to make things clear... why do I wnat the coallition to stay there. Well every other time when someone have tried to attack Saddam they have been very willing indeed to attack with cruise missiles, armoured divisions and Tornado attack-jets but they were even faster to get the fuck out of there when they had bombed the powerplants/radiomasts/republican guard/airfields/Saddams houses and faced with a responsability to keep the people in the area safe.

mrthrax said:
australia has been one of america's biggest supporters u tosspot,we had the sas troops deep in iraq doing all the risky stuff to help american and british troops do there shit,even the american troops were in awe of what the sas had done,same with afghanistan!!!!!!!

for the size of our country,20 million people and where we are situated i think we showed alot of guts for being so supportive,we have millions of fucksticks right on our doorstep but we backed america 100%

The people I have talked to that are in the US military have all said that the SAS kick major ass and are among the best in the world to work with.

mrthrax said:

LOL ... WTF is a tosspot??? Yes, I know you helped, sorry. I have friends whose sons and daughters are fighting over there and I get a little irate. Aussie-ville seems like a great country, if Americans are ever safe traveling again I'd love to see Australia. Great country, beautiful gals, awesome beer and food!!!!..

MichiMikey said:
if Americans are ever safe traveling again I'd love to see Australia. Great country, beautiful gals, awesome beer and food!!!!..
Americans ARE safe traveling. Book a flight to Australia now, Mike. Go see Anthrax there next month!
Fuck, man. I flew to Amsterdam and South Africa 3 months after 9/11 (12/2001).
People told me I was insane to fly to another country at that time. And I said, "If I die, I die."
Don't be afraid of flying. Travel ANYWHERE you want... Being scared is letting those fucking Sand Apes win.

SCott308 said:
And the first is the one that is illegal in most places. Go figure.

Scott
Yes, but politicians made prostitution illegal. The government does not like competition.

This reminds me of when former Congressman James Traficant called the members of Congress a bunch of prostitutes. There was an uproar, so he apologized...to the prostitutes.

NP: Rush - 2112

Ragamuffin said:
Three Kings?
No. Actually, I don't remember what movie it was. :lol:
I believe it was a Cheech and Chong movie. It was some guy's license plate.

jdelpi said:
This reminds me of when former Congressman James Traficant called the members of Congress a bunch of prostitutes. There was an uproar, so he apologized...to the prostitutes.

James Trafficant was a crazy son of a bitch, with a bad wig. I remember when he was on his way to jail a few years ago I made sure to tune into CNN EVERY NIGHT because he would do something insane daily.

:erk: I miss that bald bastard.

I am not afraid to fly - tho I should tell you I once worked for an airline and if you saw what I did YOU might be afraid to fly - It's just that Americans aren't safe when they get where they're going. After Madrid, I am wondering if anywhere is safe. I think I'll stick to my pop-up and the back roads and U.P. of my little mitten here. :erk:

its all good mitch,whenever there is talk on a subject like this its easy to get pissed off.

cincy a tosspot is another word for wanker over here,do u know what a wanker is,there is prob another term for that over there lol

mrthrax said:
its all good mitch,whenever there is talk on a subject like this its easy to get pissed off.

cincy a tosspot is another word for wanker over here,do u know what a wanker is,there is prob another term for that over there lol
A lot has hanppened on this thread since I last checked in. Had about 35 posts to read. Thanks for the tosspot explanation. Wanker we are familiar with. :tickled:

DD--Totally agree with you on politicians. I despise the far right and then I despise much of the far left--at least for President. My feeling, and someone said it already, is that we are too far out of balance. I believe stagnation works best actually. It should be Republicans in the House, Dems in the Senate, and some sort of centrist in the White House. I think Bush is way too far right, way too religious, and way to willing to push his morality on us through the FCC and his complete lack of repsect for the Constitution--i.e. I don't like gay people trying to marry, so I'll just try to add that to one of the greatest documents in history.

Traveling has never been 100% safe. I don't worry about it too much.

Jim Traficant was a complete Psycho. He cracked me up!:D