Dehumanized
Heretic
Children
WAiL
Electric Messiah
Prometheus
Lords
Reign

Running time around 70 minutes. Still a little long for an album like this... hmmm... what else could I cut?...
There are definitely parts of some of these songs I'd like cut, or at least have replaced with something more interesting.
Iconoclast chorus would be top of that list, with intro to WAiL being second.

mine would be:

Iconoclast
Dehumanized
Children
WAIL
Prometheus
LUTN
Lords
Reign

= 1 hour running time, pretty much the average SymX album length.

Wow, Symphony X fans asking for less music. Ouch.

There are sections I like and sections I dislike in pretty much every song so removing a few tracks would not have made it any more enjoyable for me. I'm happy with the double album. If their music isn't going to be up to the previous standards, they should at least release more than usual. That's the way I saw it.

Meh. Not really asking for less music, just saying the length of this album makes almost no difference in how much I like it due to the fact that there are some songs in it I'm almost completely indifferent to.

Yeah it's funny how the albums that took the most to be released are PL and Iconoclast. Somebody better rush them into releasing the next one.

mine would be:

Iconoclast
Dehumanized
Children
WAIL
Prometheus
LUTN
Lords
Reign

= 1 hour running time, pretty much the average SymX album length.

I was also thinking of keeping LUTN in place of EM, but Heretic is one of my favourites on the album. I like the entire song, which is rare on IC.

^ I know, eh? Divine, V, and Ody took two years from the previous releases. :(

I was also thinking of keeping LUTN in place of EM, but Heretic is one of my favourites on the album. I like the entire song, which is rare on IC.

Heretic > EM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LUTN

Seriously, LUTN has to be the worst song they've done since Shades of Grey. And Heretic, while it doesn't sound a lot like the Symphony X we know and love, is a solid song. EM is so-so. /opinion

^for me it's the opposite. Heretic is probably my least favorite in the album by now. Such a flat and uninspired riff-fest. The melody in both Heretic and EM bores me.

I don't agree that LUNT is the worst since Shades of Grey. It has this similarity to 'In the Dragon's Den' that I seem to like. It's nothing spectacular but it's more SymX than the other two (e.g. listen from 2:30 on).

I don't agree that LUNT is the worst since Shades of Grey. It has this similarity to 'In the Dragon's Den' that I seem to like. It's nothing spectacular but it's more SymX than the other two (e.g. listen from 2:30 on).

Meh, I know it has pretty much the only neoclassical flavor on the entire record, but the song still sounds like it was written in five minutes to me. It's just lazy and uninspired to my ears. I also can't get past Russell screaming "I wanna see you drown in flames, arrgghhhh!" Yeah, I really do think that's the worst moment they've ever done with Russ in the band.

If I want recent Symphony X neoclassical, I'll listen to Seven from PL. I think that while it's nothing spectacular, it's a much better song.

Lords of Chaos is decent except for the terrible lyrics in the chorus (which sound like they were written by third grader). I'm also not a fan of the style used for several of the riffs. Reign is a much better song, but it suffers from childish "tuf-guy metul" lyrics and a rather dull solo section. Just my two cents.

According to MJR, Reign is the true closer to the album, not WAIL. Pity for those who got the one-disc version.

At least the chorus is sung clean and the solo section sounds like a Symphony X solo section. It's by far my favourite song since The Odyssey. By far.

For some reason, after reading this, I realized that my favorite track post-Odyssey is Revelation.