What do you think about Iconoclast?

Srsly... that kind of approach sounds so forced and fake.

Actually now i think i may have contradicted myself a little because the 2 DT albums i praise the most (ToT and I&W) have those 2 minute ballads, but i think they are put in there as preludes to the final epic song. Not %100 sure on their intentions though.

Actually now i think i may have contradicted myself a little because the 2 DT albums i praise the most (ToT and I&W) have those 2 minute ballads, but i think they are put in there as preludes to the final epic song. Not %100 sure on their intentions though.

Hmm...Wait for Sleep is a great track IMO, doesn't sound forced to me anyway. It has a very humble Kansas feel to it, but with better vocals. I haven't listened to Train of Thought in forever so I don't even remember what the ballad is called.

Traditional, sincere ballads are really hard to write.

Indeed. "Wait for Sleep" is perfect. They accomplished more with that 2:30 than they did with ~15 minutes of ballads on the new album.

I've waited a long time to respond to this record and all I will say is I've only listened to it 5 times.
Hahaha. I hear you.

I like Iconoclast album,, its the best album that Symphony X ever made since "Paradise Lost", "The Odyssey", "V" and "The Divine Wing of Tragedy" may fave song on this album is Iconoclast, End of Innocence, Children of The Faceless God, Dehumanized, Electric Messiah, and When All is Lost,, :)

I really, reaaallly hope that SX returns to form on their next album. I also hope that it's no longer than 2.5 years from Iconoclast's release.

I thought Paradise Lost was going to be the black sheep of their post Damnation Game career, but I wrong. Iconoclast further solidified the direction PL took.

I would love for their next album to be complex, passionate, and inventive... and to be rid of cheese; NO POWER METAL.

I understand that they wanted to venture into new sonic territories, I just want more variety. For the most part, Iconoclast is the same volume, tempo, and tone throughout. Other than When All Is Lost, the whole album chugs and screams along at the same pace. If they want to keep the same direction, fine, but I wish they would incorporate their old dynamics.

Also, please tell Russell to stop screaming so often.

The album was everything I'd thought it would be, only a little worse. I thought they'd at least have a bit more variety on it. Instead of this being the band's Physical Graffiti, we are treated to Paradise Lost - Lost Tracks Deluxe Edition.

I love the heavy direction, and the extreme riffage, but there is a lot I dislike about the album.
The choruses are, for the most part, pretty terrible, the song structures are completely basic, and like the others have stated, there is no variety.

If anything, this is the one album that SX shouldn't have made a double-disc.

I really, reaaallly hope that SX returns to form on their next album. I also hope that it's no longer than 2.5 years from Iconoclast's release.

I thought Paradise Lost was going to be the black sheep of their post Damnation Game career, but I wrong. Iconoclast further solidified the direction PL took.

I would love for their next album to be complex, passionate, and inventive... and to be rid of cheese; NO POWER METAL.

Agree,, :headbang:

Well first 2.5 years go to touring and writing new material. Then they start to record the next album and then of course starts the "guessing game" when it's gonna be released, that phase might take from from 1 to 3 years and meanwhile someone already made fake tracklist and release date, then in a nice sunny day we find out the album has been released out from some akward source while symphony x website's latest newsflash is from half year back. (End of sarcasms, no offence to anyone).

Well first 2.5 years go to touring and writing new material. Then they start to record the next album and then of course starts the "guessing game" when it's gonna be released, that phase might take from from 1 to 3 years and meanwhile someone already made fake tracklist and release date, then in a nice sunny day we find out the album has been released out from some akward source while symphony x website's latest newsflash is from half year back. (End of sarcasms, no offence to anyone).

:lol:

"This just in Paradise Lost just came out!"

Me in 2010:...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffff

Man, the verse sections in "Reign in Madness" are awesome. That's gotta be my favorite thing from this album.

Yup, before I started lurking here, I would go to their website in hopes of seeing updates or any sort of news, and I was very confused.