What do you think the songs are about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stun

Doomwatcher
Nov 24, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
www.angelfire.com
I see the same old posts over and over on every CoB mesageboard...

1) When will you be coming to <insert whatever city and/or country person lives in>
2) Favorite <insert whatever here ex: solo, song, guitarist, etc.>
And recently...
3) Some stupid fucking rumor!

So here's a post I haven't ever seen anywhere else...

What do you think the songs are about?

Well, Bed Of Razors is pretty obvious, if you take notice of Alexi's left arm on some pictures.

Figuring this one out, the other ones become pretty easy as well.

Then there's a few songs about the incident on Lake Bodom.

I'll quote the lyrics for Bed Of Razors here:

I see the candle light burning in your
eyes, flareing up my eyes in flames
On this pitch-black summer night...
of passion and pain
Chorus
The razor caressed my flesh and my arms turned red,
I feel a vast desire
years of pain are flowing down my arms. Sweet, red,
warm stream you drink, make me released
Give me your hand, let me make you feel the ease,
in the bed of razors we bleed together...

I feel the fire burning in my heart, I see it sparkling in your eyes
The blaze you're feeding more and more

Chorus
The razor caressed your flesh and your arms turned red,
I feel your vast desire
years of pain are flowing down your arms. Sweet, red,
warm stream I drink to make you released
Holding your arms, cherish this composure, in the bed of
razors we sleep together, forever...

Bed of razors sounds like a love song in a way. Maybe it is, check out sinergy's song razor blade salvation. See any connection? Just something I noticed. I think most of the other songs are about HATE.

Well, Bed Of Razors is pretty obvious, if you take notice of Alexi's left arm on some pictures.

maybe i am slow or something but what the fuck are you talking about?:confused: are you trying to say alexi tried to kill himself or something cause ive never noticed anything on alexis arms, i hope your not trying to start a rumor.:(

I read in an interview that Alexi used to cut his arms in the past. That was nothing that he was proud of and he doesn't do it anymore. He said he did that just because he wanted to feel something.

All who don't believe it, take a look at this picture:

Attachments

• alexi.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 193
Warheart2: I read this interview in a german Metal magazine called Rock Hard. But Alexi didn't say more to this than I wrote.

Yeah I've seen the connections between Razorblade Salvation and Bed of Razors and I knew what Bed of Razors was about... I meant songs like Deadnight Warrior and In the Shadows... Black Widow and Northern Comfort. All the songs that have the lyrics printed in the book, you can usually figure out what they're about.

No I mean like look at the words in Deadnight Warrior. Every song sounds like a story... if the person singing in the song is the 'Deadnight Warrior' that would make sense. It seems that the 'Deadnight Warrior' doesn't want to be evil anymore.

ex 1: It's such a lonely flight, it's fucking black
- meaning: implies he doesn't like the darkness

ex 2: If the daylight dies (black shadows are falling on me) let the candle light your way
- literal meaning: when night falls just light a candle
- theoretical meaning: he wants to stand up to the darkness

ex 3: The 'voices' clashing in his head at the end of the song
- meaning: his troubled feelings or insanity is tearing him up

So wake it up, call my name, it's death (then a voice cries 'deadnight warrior' [his name])
- This confirms that he is the 'deanight warrior' (heh, I'm just doing this as I go along).

So what do you guys think? I know Alexi said it was his feelings but it's interesting to look at the little 'stories' in the song.

This is the reason why i dont care mutch about lyrics...i just want to feeel the positive energy of the instrumental playing and dismiss the dark/depressive lyrics that most metal bands have....

I really love their lyrics! That's text of "Everytime I die":

The faint blaze of the candle
Of my life slowly dying
Like a fire in a pouring rain

No sparks of hope inside
No shooting stars on my sky
On broken wings no flying high

Another night, another demise
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice
I'll let the wind blow out the light
'Cause it gets more painful everytime I die

Out of strength to fight
I can not take another night
Can not take it no more

Lust of blood slips throug my fingers
Like blood stains on my arms
Black candle wax has buried me

Another night, another demise
Cadaverous wind blowing cold as ice
I'll let the wind blow out the light
'Cause it gets more painful everytime I die

---

Don't ya think it rules?!

I'm not trying to start any damn rumor here, I just replied to the question. What I thought the lyrics were about.
Someone asked Kimberly about Alexi's scars on the Sinergy Forum some time ago, this was Kim's reply:

I think it's nice of you to be concerned, but at the same time you must understand that I won't comment on the details of this subject. I'll only say that those scars are from a long time ago, and nothing of that nature occurs anymore. Everyone is happy!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Bodomer said:
Bed of razors sounds like a love song in a way. Maybe it is, check out sinergy's song razor blade salvation. See any connection? Just something I noticed. I think most of the other songs are about HATE.

Your right, Bed of Razors was a song he wrote to Kimberly Goss, and Razor Blade Salvation was one Kimberly Goss wrote to Alexi.

Status
Not open for further replies.