What do you think of... MANOWAR ???

• Good band! I like them a lot!

Votes: 35 47.3%
  • Fuckin shit! They should die!!

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I dont give a fuck Man'O'War!!!

Votes: 24 32.4%

• Total voters
I think their rather entertaining, I actually heard some songs from a friend and it wasnt that bad actually....the image is far beyond cheesey tho :p

As usually, it's a matter of tastes. It's pretty clear that you should pay attention to their music to actually appreciate what they're doing, and if the classic heavy metal is not your cup of tea, you will hate these guys with furry boots.

I'm the first one who laughs about their "mighty" lyrics, especially when they claim the supposedly existing title of "Kings of Metal", who hang around killing all those are not into metal. But if you analyze the music quality, it will be easy to realize that Manowar has a great and prolific singer, and songs made up with originality and force.

In any case, there is a curious "we hate Manowar more than we can express" movement that makes me wonder about ppl's lack of tolerance. I love Dream Theater, but not precisely because they're great musicians, just 'cos I like the work they've done and not really because the great performers they are. The same goes for Manowar.

|ngenius (who's opening frontiers)

They have many good songs, but I don't like the guys... I've seen the Hell on Earth part 1 DVD and I don't believe all their stories... I think they lie just to keep their "image".

Originally posted by Julma Jurmu
They have many good songs, but I don't like the guys... I've seen the Hell on Earth part 1 DVD and I don't believe all their stories... I think they lie just to keep their "image".

As several bands use to do, involving certain albums or the band itself in concrete concepts (i.e: Kiss, Rhapsody, Immortal, Mortiis, G-War, Running Wild, even Iron Maiden and their Eddie...).

@Blacksmith: I strongly recommend you to pay attention to old Manowar albums, adding "Fighting The World" to the ones aforementioned. :)

|ng.

Originally posted by Dangerman
... but isn't as consistently strong as the ones I mentioned in my previous post.
I like "Louder Than Hell" a lot !!!

"The Power" is IMO one of the best fast songs Manowar ever wrote, and the rest of the CD (except the 2nd instrumental) is very good too I think !

Originally posted by Dangerman
"Fighting the World" has some great songs, i.e. "Defender" and "Blackwind, Fire and Steel" but isn't as consistently strong as the ones I mentioned in my previous post.

And the title track, and "Carry On," the greatest Manowar song of them all, IMO of course.

Uh oh, someone better clean up after Xenomorph----->
pukeface.gif

24.jpg