Power Metal what do you guys think

bodomite

Your Executioner
Nov 23, 2001
yo mamas ass
What do you guys think of Power Metal. Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody etc...

Just curious on everyones opinion personally I love it. It calms me down and puts me in a good mood :). Some people dont like it because they think it sounds too 80sish.

Hmm, If i had to say yes or no id say I like it. I generally cant stand bands that talk about going into battle on every song, my favorite power metal band I would say is Labyrinth, they have lyrics that arent about knights and the dual guitar work is fuckin awesome. I do like some Dragonheart. Rhapsody not really, I dont like fabio's vocal style. Stratovarius gets a thumbs up from me. I dunno, I like the genre I guess :D

Yup I like powermetal. Epsecially:Iced Earth, Sinergy, Blind Guardian, Dungeon, Dragonheart/Dragonforce, Symphony X, Stratovarious and Iron Maiden!

i wouldnt exactly call iced earth power metal........their a little thrashier than and heavier than power metal like Strato and Rhapsody and such. I love em either way hehe. Something Wicked this way Comes seems to be in rotation a lot for me these days.....

I like power-metal a lot....
Bands like Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody etc.
They RULES!!!!!

But then there's power bands, which sucks!!!
like Stratovarius, Hammerfall and others.

i started listening power metal bands like helloween but now is like this genre its boring me to much bands that sounds the same way the bands of power that i still listen would be blind guardian and gammaray(cause of mr kai hansen) but i hate edguy too boring i dont know if you share my opinion.

Originally posted by Hearse
I can't stand power metal, except with female vocals. Cause I don't get what's the point of singing like you got 3 size smaller pants than your size is, when you can straight get female singer to do it, and do it better.
:lol:
i agree but if you listen to White Skull... you can change your mind about female vocals :heh:

gonna have to agree with Hearse, if indeed Iced Earth is power metal (which I really dont consider them), than that would be power metal vocals done right, with a masculine edge. Even tho Iced Earth would be in that minority

and yes, Sinergy rules. :headbang:

Some power metal vocals are bad I agree too. But then there are bands like Blind Guadrian, Symphony X and Iced Earth which have what I think are good vocals.

Okay, perhaps the singers in powermetal are sounding like children, BUT is there someone who can say that GammaRay or Blind Guardian doesn't sound good with that kind of singers? I DON'T THINK SO!!!

What about Kai Hansen singing with his childish voice in CoB!!! YEAH!!!
(Actually... That could be very kicking)

:headbang: