What got you into Evergrey?

When I saw them perform @ Prog Power 2.0 last year ...
they kick ass!! Meeting them again this last w/e helped too -- What cool guys!!! :)

I was at a friends house when visiting in Gothenburg, kinda drunk, and the guy goes, 'you just haveta hear this greeeeeat band Evergrey'... Now, this being Gothenburg I expected some melodic death metal crap - and out of the speakers came their recently released album "Solitude¤Dominance¤Tragedy" and I was hooked! I bought the two first albums the day after I came back home... I've also gotten to know Tom on ICQ and they're really nice guys as well, I had the opportunity to do sound for them last summer and they're a real good live act as well (even though the venue's sound system semi broke down halfway through the set...)

/E...

Hey, first time posting here. But I just recently got into Evergrey this year (around April). I had heard rumors on other metal boards that they were extremely kick ass, and for some reason I kept getting their names confused with Evereve. After I quit my crack habit, I downloaded the song "Dark Waters" and from there immediately ordered the cd. "Dark Waters", "Watching The Sky", and "Mark of the Triangle" are played constantly over and over. I picked up "The Dark Discovery" about a month ago, but I'm still not over my "In Search Of Truth" addiction yet!

I don't really know much of their stuff. But what i have heard has been amazing...especially 'nosferatu'. :hotjump: :devil: :devil: :headbang: and all of 'dark discovery'

Saw the video for Masterplan. They were great live in Nummirock.

Hey was that Carina chick who posted here Tom's wife or is she the one in the Every Tear-video?

When their former label Noiseworks (a division of Black Sun) sent me the digipack for The Dark Discovery and I was blown away by what I heard. Then I had an advance for Solitude Dominance Tragedy and I was convinced they are the best new progressive/power/gothic/whatever metal band in existence. Seeing them play Powermad in 1999 reaffirmed this belief.

Can't wait for the new album...

Matt

http://www.truemetal.org/snakepit

Prog-Power '02. I went to see Spiral Architect and was totally blown away by Evergrey. They blew everybody off the stage.
I don't know how Kamelot thought they could follow that act.
In the weeks that followed, I bought a shirt, all three albums, and have been a big fan ever since

I went to a prog festival in Chapel Hill, NC. Bunch of venders were there. And as usual, my friend brought about $200 for music, and one of the guys from The Lasers Edge suggested he buy it. So he did. Awesome band.

Originally posted by CliffEmAll
Prog-Power '02. I went to see Spiral Architect and was totally blown away by Evergrey. They blew everybody off the stage.
I don't know how Kamelot thought they could follow that act.
In the weeks that followed, I bought a shirt, all three albums, and have been a big fan ever since

Speaking of Spiral... It seems that most I know that really enjoy them play bass. And I don't know many.

Very challenging bass. I love it! Guitar on the other hand...

Larry Lalonde comes to mind...

Originally posted by Polyeidus
Speaking of Spiral... It seems that most I know that really enjoy them play bass. And I don't know many.

Very challenging bass. I love it! Guitar on the other hand...

Larry Lalonde comes to mind...
:cool: Guilty as charged. What gave it away? My screen name or the cool little bass sign under my name.
Now, when you say "Larry Lalonde", do you mean: Possessed-era
, or Primus-era ? I think I hear a little bit of both bands in S.A.'s
music, although, often buried by the overwhelming Watchtower /
Fates Warning influence, it's still got that weirdo / ol' skool thrash
-vibe going on.
:D