What Happened To Iced Earth?

Sorry you all feel that way about what you call a marginally talented band. To each their own. That's why im heading to the BW&BK six pack this year instead of Progpower IV. Not gonna waste my money on what I think is a lame line up.

Imajica said:
Sorry you all feel that way about what you call a marginally talented band. To each their own. That's why im heading to the BW&BK six pack this year instead of Progpower IV. Not gonna waste my money on what I think is a lame line up.

Have fun. I'm sure all us "lamos" going to PPIV will miss you.

Zilla

I am glad with the lineup. I am also a big Iced earth fan but please don't make it sound like they are touring the whole US on a regular basis. They have been to Phoenix once. It isn't like the east coast here. The closest road trip is 5 hours which can't be done all the time due to work so please don't make it sound like Iced Earth US tours all over the US on a regular basis. I still like the fact that I get to see some first time to the US bands at the progpower though.

Lady of the Oracle said:
A band member shows up the year before, & people jump to conclusions. Not quite sure why no one did the same with PP2 after Ray Alder attended PP1, but thank goodness they didn't.. :lol:

Jon told many people that he was playing (including myself) at this years fest. I think it was pretty safe to say that's where that "rumor" got started. Personally i don't care either way, I'm happy with this years headliners though I would personally have traded Iced Earth for Rage
supergrin.gif

YtseJammer said:
Glenn did us all a favor and told the band to stay home....

The band has done full tours of the US...there is no need for this band at Progpower. I'm happy they're not playing...

Bring on Vanden Plas!

NP: Helloween - Just a Little Sign

WHAT!! FULL US TOUR!?? When was the last time you saw them play FLORIDA?
NEVER!!!

and when they were suppose to come with judas priest..... fucking osama had to blow up N.Y.C so priest canceled the rest of the dates

Aren't they originally from Florida? You would think they would try to get down there. And while they are touring the US more than most of the PP bands (now that I think about it, why isn't anyone complaining about Symphony X??) I know when they come to Detroit anyways they are just playing a little metal dive called Harpos in the Ghetto. A larger venue would be niiiiice.

As happy as I am to see Symphony X..again..for the sixth time.....I too wish they would stay home in place of Labyrinth..or Sonata Arctica...or Helloween..you get the idea. It's the principle that they DO often play the US...both Symphony X and Iced Earth.

Symphony X again required a long road trip when they came on their one trip nearest me so please, don't say they tour the whole US when you live in NY near where bands are and you can see them often. Not everyone even in the states let alone other locations don't get to see them once a year or whatever.

Lady of the Oracle said:
A band member shows up the year before, & people jump to conclusions.

That's not the case. Several of us got to hang with the guy for an evening (including some people on this forum) and he made it clear he was interested in playing PPIV, even stating he was "one signature away from inking the deal".

It was not just because he turned up to PPIII.

And like Bear posted from the interview Glenn gave to metal-rules, he went after Stratovarius and Iced Earth. I assume therefore that if he had it his way, Glenn would have got both Stratovarius and Iced Earth for PPIV, and this conversation would not be happening....

All I can say is, thank the gods for WACKEN. This years line up is astounding, and they're still adding to the bill.

Iced Earth in Germany will rule.