what happened to the chat room?

How could it be the issue with only 5 ppl visiting it and them almost never at the same time? :p

well, perhaps ppl were sort of censoring themselves or something. like going "oh, no, i'm a wreck of a man/woman, i cannot possibly spend my time among these geniuses!".
now this would have posed a problem. ;)

rahvin.

@lutz: this is probably a temporary problem happening at your server's level. the chat is up and working, and i also experienced that kind of issue before while other ppl had no problem connecting. my take is it's gonna be solved for you in half an hour or something - as it usually was for me. however, mahke's server is not very stable or fine-tuned...

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
@lutz: this is probably a temporary problem happening at your server's level. the chat is up and working, and i also experienced that kind of issue before while other ppl had no problem connecting. my take is it's gonna be solved for you in half an hour or something - as it usually was for me. however, mahke's server is not very stable or fine-tuned...

rahvin.
Okay.
Actually it works now again, weird :)

The reason was that ircd wasn't loaded (after a server reboot - it's not an important part of the server), plus mahke.net went out of commission (didn't pay the bill;)).

@nick: :oops:

@thanatos: you have to add to your list of servers irc.mahke.net (i can't remember the door, but it has to be out there somewhere), label it with a cool name (e.g., bubububu) and then try and connect. if everything goes as planned, you're set.

rahvin.