So, what happened to the IRC room?

it sucks for irc. i only use it at work so i don't need to have another program open (mIRC).

I've always, for as long as I can remember, used mIRC. Don't know why there's even any reason to use anything else.

How does it suck? You enter text, you read text, you leave when you realize that you actually have to get some work done. Anything else is just wankery.

Jeff

When you're used to using mIRC like me, it's rather annoying not having a right click menu, colors aren't adjustable, no scripts, typing commands manually, etc.

Did you see the part where I said I use irc through Pidgin at work? That's because I don't need any of the shit I mentioned above that another client offers when I'm trying to get work done.

The reason I didn't like mIRC is that I like to be notified when people are speaking, I could never figure the scripts in the mIRC. I could be clear across the room, washing dishes, and I see the thing flash orange and blip when there is conversation going on. I love that <3.

When you're used to using mIRC like me, it's rather annoying not having a right click menu, colors aren't adjustable, no scripts, typing commands manually, etc.

Did you see the part where I said I use irc through Pidgin at work? That's because I don't need any of the shit I mentioned above that another client offers when I'm trying to get work done.

I did see that, but... I'll never understand the fascination with windows and buttons and shiny things like that, and it's not like there are a whole lot of commands that need to be known anyway. It always seemed to me that mIRC had exactly as many menus and gizmos as a piece of software could have before any additional feature was *useful*. It's popular today because it was popular yesterday, and for no better reason...

I wish I could help more, but I gave up on Windows a while back, and I used either BersIRC or Pidgin. There was also that Miranda gizmo, and although the XChat asshat has decided that he somehow gets to charge for binaries from GPL'd code (Charging due to excessive time to compile? What the fuck is it, EMACS with a fucking space station attached to it?) other contributors do release 'unofficial' builds up to the latest release.

EDIT: Also, Wikipedia mentions some Visual IRC. GPL'd, and it's as extensible as an IRC client can be expected to be, so JBroll approves.

Jeff

Completely unrelated to the fucktards above, just wanting to preserve the post flood:

Man, that was an awesome post flood... the ending really surprised the shit out me. What a lemon lime TWIST ending!

For archival purposes:

fuckyeahbrooks.jpg