What headphones do you use?

wow so much to say here

you skullcandy guys really have no clue what you're talking about unless you hear something good.

The comment about no need spending more than skullcandy money on earbuds because the wires will just break is laughable. They break because you're buying cheap junk.

my opinion, if you're listening rig isn't $200 minimum (headphones/DAC), you cant comment on music.

My new pair Sennheiser HD25-1 II. I guess everybody knows by now.

41p-8oB5QxL.jpg

wow so much to say here

you skullcandy guys really have no clue what you're talking about unless you hear something good.

The comment about no need spending more than skullcandy money on earbuds because the wires will just break is laughable. They break because you're buying cheap junk.

my opinion, if you're listening rig isn't $200 minimum (headphones/DAC), you cant comment on music.

My headphones break because I wear them actually having to use a push mower and working in a machine shop, I don't really get to sit around. If that's your life, that's fine I guess. That last line just makes you a jackass though, so whatever.

I could honestly say, I really love my iphone buds. I know everyone here is saying iphone bud's sound quality sucks, but it's a pain in the ass for me to use over the head headphones because of my hair.

I prefer buds because it's just more comfortable, and the iphone buds have lasted me over 6 months now without doing that bullshit where one ear works and the other doesn't. Been meaning to get better headphones, but I really don't hear what's so terrible with the quality of iphone headphones.

My headphones break because I wear them actually having to use a push mower and working in a machine shop, I don't really get to sit around. If that's your life, that's fine I guess. That last line just makes you a jackass though, so whatever.

everyone using IEM's is on the move, otherwise you would use over ears... I love how you insinuate I don't do anything but sit on my ass by the fact that my wires don't break.

That last line is truth, but you don't want to venture past your normal $20 to find out so instead you get insulted.

I just ordered a pair of Sennheiser hd598's. Has anyone used these? I'm slightly concerned about the lack of bass mentioned in some reviews.

Also, any advice on a dac/amp to pair with this set of phones? I'm considering a Magni/Modi combo.

I'm not a fan of headphones. Can't turn it up loud enough to enjoy it without potentially causing damage. I primarily listen on Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system and enjoy it rather thoroughly.

I could honestly say, I really love my iphone buds. I know everyone here is saying iphone bud's sound quality sucks, but it's a pain in the ass for me to use over the head headphones because of my hair.

I prefer buds because it's just more comfortable, and the iphone buds have lasted me over 6 months now without doing that bullshit where one ear works and the other doesn't. Been meaning to get better headphones, but I really don't hear what's so terrible with the quality of iphone headphones.

Buy a good pair of earphone buds.

You can get some solid Sennheiser buds for $50 - $90 (where i am anyway).

I use my proper earphones for home and the ear buds for work and travel on the bus/train. You just need to be careful when storing them so they don't break - i used to just chuck my old earbuds in my bag along with heaps of other shit - now i carefully store them so they last.

Definitely worth the investment though.

... yeah, you're not going to tell how shitty something is until you've tried the better quality thing. You're not going to tell how shitty McDonald's beef is if you haven't tried better beef.

Ok, now I have a question. I would like to pick up some nice Sennheiser headphones in the $90-150 price range. Right now I'm thinking either the HD25-1 II, the HD380 pro, or the HD598. Which one should I get?

I use some cheap Skullcandy Smokin' Buds too, when I'm on the way.
My opinion is that when you're in the city, on the tram, somewhere around people,... it really doesn't matter how expensive your earphones are because you have too much noise around you anyways to really hear and enjoy the difference to the really expensive ones.

The last line he wrote made me wonder how people were able to comment on music back when a walkman and tapes recorded off the radio were the average "listening rig".

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't mind listening to my metal from a crackling old tape on headphones I soldered and glued together again after they fell apart. Actually I sometimes do just that. For me it's part of the scene's mentality, especially in the black metal genre, to oppose this money-measuring quality fetish. Filosofem anyone?

I use some cheap Skullcandy Smokin' Buds too, when I'm on the way.
My opinion is that when you're in the city, on the tram, somewhere around people,... it really doesn't matter how expensive your earphones are because you have too much noise around you anyways to really hear and enjoy the difference to the really expensive ones.

Except quality in-ears not only block the noise around you but also are known to sound better than most over-heads. The shit you get along with a phone you buy are NOT good in-ears. Check out Etymotic etc.

In other words it matters.

EDIT: I'm not being a prick either, I myself can't invest into those so I just don't listen to music on the tram. :(

The shit you get along with a phone you buy are NOT good in-ears.
That's the reason why I don't use THOSE.
I should try the headphones that came with my original Game Boy on my iPod, I still have them and they still work :lol:

Except quality in-ears not only block the noise around you but also are known to sound better than most over-heads.
Yes, but I'm not comparing in-ears to over-heads, but less expensive in-ears to more expensive in-ears. Bundled or dollar-store in-ears can't be used for anything, really. I'll admit that. But if you reached a certain level of production quality each next step in price category gets less and less noticable (keep in mind that I'm still talking about listening OUTSIDE in crowded areas, not in the quietness of your home).

In other words it matters.
In my experience it doesn't. Not unless you're in a quite area and doing nothing but focusing on the music - which you usually don't do either, on the go.

If you prefer more expensive headphones, go ahead. I don't see the point in spending three times the money for a few tiny little details that get drowned out by the city noise anyways.

At home it's a different story, but I don't use headphones on my stereo at all, so I can't comment on that.

In my experience it doesn't. Not unless you're in a quite area and doing nothing but focusing on the music - which you usually don't do either, on the go.

If you prefer more expensive headphones, go ahead. I don't see the point in spending three times the money for a few tiny little details that get drowned out by the city noise anyways.

I'm just saying that good in-ears today effectively block the noise around you and that's not a detail. It combats exactly the thing you're talking about.

I'm just saying that good in-ears today effectively block the noise around you and that's not a detail. It combats exactly the thing you're talking about.
As I said, from my experience they don't do it that well to justify the price difference for me. ~30-40 bucks do it good enough, paying 100 and up doesn't make a big difference anymore.