What is Opeths most evil riff ?!

when the demon of the fall acoustic interlude ends and the electrics crash in and he screams, right then, thats pretty evil...opeth has a lot of evil sounding acoustic riffs...like in white cluster...the first acoustic break

Ayuga said:
i think serenity painted death riff at 1:30 ...

Heh, funny. Before entering this thread I was contenplating between that and the riff that starts at 2:12.

I decided to go with Serenity Painted Death riff at 2:12.

That one at 2:24 of Master's Apprentices with the weird ringing dissonant arpeggios at the end, the one in the beginning of the Moor where the screams come in, or the chorus of Demon of the Fall.

I'd say Wreath, the part with the "church bell"-sound (making of which are also seen on the DVD).

Man, how do you guys choose one riff out of so many?! Deliverance alone has about 10 - 12 superevil riffs on it. And they're all evil in a different way. Take for instance the first and last riff of master's apprentices. Both evil, but there's no way you can compare them.

that one in drapery falls with the weird harmony, that according to mikael they nearly stuff up live because it has no real time sig!

jh_dejong said:
Man, how do you guys choose one riff out of so many?! Deliverance alone has about 10 - 12 superevil riffs on it. And they're all evil in a different way. Take for instance the first and last riff of master's apprentices. Both evil, but there's no way you can compare them.

I agree man, you just can't choose. Too many songs, too much evilness, so don't ask me to choose. I can name a lot of songs, from orchid to GR...but i won't :headbang:

Without a doubt the ending of "Deliverance". It's amazing over and over again! :worship:
Also great: first riff of Master's apprentices! :hotjump:

Edit: These are great smylies!^^