What is the latest CD you acquired, and what are your thoughts on it?

Evergrey - In Search of Truth - Whoah! Very dark concept album...I just don't understand the concept...but I know it's dark

Pain of Salvation - One Hour By the Concrete Lake - Musical Mastery

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings - Has anyone else seen the light of Iced Earth? It's just too good to be true

Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - Are they still together?

Originally posted by ShredManWalking
Evergrey - In Search of Truth - Whoah! Very dark concept album...I just don't understand the concept...but I know it's dark

Yes!! Very heavy. The concept is about UFO's, government consperacy and alien abduction I believe.

Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings - Has anyone else seen the light of Iced Earth? It's just too good to be true
I love their early stuff up to "Dark Saga", "Burnt..." is a great album!!

Pantera - Far Beyond Driven - Are they still together?

Good album. Chances are they have split up in practice.

Originally posted by The Yngster
Am I the only one who hates going to the record store and finding they have absolutely nothing that I want :mad:

I guess I'm just lucky enough to live in a college town with a store almost completely dedicated to aggressive music! I am fortunate.

It's called BB's CD's and it also has a website. www.bbscds.com

It doesn't list their aggressive music online, but if you e-mail Matt, he'll find you whatever you need, import or not!

Just been on a shopping spree.

Borknagar- Empiricism: Good album. Entertaining, and pleasantly musical. Catchy clean sections, although too many of them.
Symphony X- Odyssey: My first Symphony X album. Great album.
Porcupine Tree- In Absentia: A good album, although somewhat disappointing after listening to the samples from their site. I was expecting stuff as good as "Blackest Eyes" and "The Sound of Muzak"... maybe it just takes a little time.
The Haunted- One Kill Wonder: If this isn't one of the best releases of 2003, then we really have something to look forward to. Killer album. Unquestionably heavy. I can't praise this effort enough.
Dark Tranquillity- The Gallery: I still can't stop listening to "Damage Done", and older fans of the band seem to think "The Gallery" as being the Holy Grail of DT albums. I wanted some melodic death(to level In Flames' "Whoracle"), and I must say that on first listen, it would appear to better their 2002 release(Damage Done)... I shall enjoy listening to this one for a long time.
At the Gates- The Red In The Sky Is Ours: I bought this one because I was told that it was vintage "ATG". Seeing as I think "Slaughter of the Soul" to be one of the best albums out there, I picked this one up. It's going to take me a while to see beyond the production and raspy vocals, but we shall see...

Derek Sherinian - Planet X:

It hasn't grown on me yet, I'm also not impressed by the guitar playing.

Apocalyptica - Inquisition Symphony:

Beautiful

Spock's Beard - V

great stuff, like it alot but I need something a bit heavier.

oh and, I got them all for 94 cent each! :headbang: