Hendrix - what are your thoughts?

I've checked out some samples from the "Band of Gypsies" and really dig it.....love the hard rock/hard funk combo. Very similar to early 70s master-band Trapeze (Glenn Hughes, Dave Holland, Mel Galley).

Also digging the samples from his "Blues" record....sounds very interesting.

I will indeed check some Hendrix out.

SoundMaster said:
I've checked out some samples from the "Band of Gypsies" and really dig it.....love the hard rock/hard funk combo. Very similar to early 70s master-band Trapeze (Glenn Hughes, Dave Holland, Mel Galley).

Also digging the samples from his "Blues" record....sounds very interesting.

I will indeed check some Hendrix out.
the band of gypsies is fucking i said fucking awesome my man thats with a big ::kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

OMG HENDRIX IS SO OVERRATED HE COULDNT PLAY TEH UNDER TEH GLASS MOON SOLO LOLSZ!!!!!!111111

You guys are fucking retards. Hendrix overrated? Who the fuck listens to Hendrix for his technique? Are you that fuckin stupid? Hendrix wasn't about that. He was about playing some goddamn R&B tunes mixed with rock and tryin to make it psychadelic.

If you listen closely to the interplay between him, Buddy Miles, and the crowd on Band of Gypsys, you will understand why he is considered so fuckin great. The man oozed music like no other guitar player ever has, or ever will.

Btw, his technique was quite good. There is more to technique than blazing diatonic scales, sweeps, etc.

Crimson Velvet said:
You know what else is funny? You calling other people losers because they post their opinions on a message board, yet you are here doing THE EXACT SAME THING.

Fucking hypocrite...

That said, Hendrix revolutionized the way the electric guitar was utilized, and he deserves A LOT of respect for that. Others, however, perfected it.
Dear Mats Spyriansen,
Coming from a guy who has the time to post over 2020 bullshit statements since a year ago, somehow I don't feel so offended. At least I stay gone for a few weeks at a time while your elementaty school-teaching celibate ass stays glued to your computer so much that by now your asscheeks are probably the strongest part of your body.
With THAT said, fuck you and your weak musical taste, you fucking pussy.

VadimVon said:
Dear Mats Spyriansen,
Coming from a guy who has the time to post over 2020 bullshit statements since a year ago, somehow I don't feel so offended. At least I stay gone for a few weeks at a time while your elementaty school-teaching celibate ass stays glued to your computer so much that by now your asscheeks are probably the strongest part of your body.

Well I for one am shocked.

VadimVon said:
Dear Mats Spyriansen,

Haha, I have an average of 2.86 posts a day, as opposed to you, who only have 1.69. I must be a much bigger loser than you! :dopey:

You do nothing but throwing around insults to people who disagree with your tastes and manners, so I see no point in discussing this further with you. As you so eloquently pointed out, I spend my working hours teaching uneducated brats, and I have no desire to do that on my free time as well.

But I understand that you might need some special classes, seeing as most people your age is able to figure out that my "bullshit statements" have come over the course of two years, not one. :)

I think you're just feeling insulted because I didn't take the time to give you feedback on more of that mediocre music you sent me. :p

true, i just think if he lived more he proabably wouldnt have gotten the same recognition... same with alot of people... claude monet, bon scott, cliff burton to name a few....