What Katatonia songs are lyric-wise tho most personal to you?

StorTroll

So far, so good, so not!
Sep 15, 2001
Espoo, Finland
Right now the song I am nothing strikes me. Sometimes everyone of us feels worthless...Been through that kinda emotions lately.
How about you? Tell yours and give a reason.

For My Demons, and no sorry i can't give a reason

also Tonight's Music for:

how could this go so very wrong
that I must depend on darkness
would anyone follow me further down
how could this go so very far
that I need someone to say
what is wrong
not with the world but me

I'm always in darkness, i hate the sunshine and the sad realisation that you have a problem makes this quite personal.

Day and Nerve for me.
Day brings unpleasant flashbacks (that's why I often skip it) and Nerve's message feels quite essential, I don't know. Some people have this particular world view, others don't.

In fact I can relate to most of Kata's lyrics, but those lines stand for something special.

Well, 'Teargas' is always pertinent, although I haven't really been dumped in ages, I can still remember the feeling.

Apart from that pretty much all the tracks speak to me personally. I guess that goes without saying considering how much we all love the music.

Lyrics from 'Brave', 'Tonight's Music', 'Clean Today' etc etc all seem relevent to my life a lot of the time.

"strained". the chorus says everything. i really would live my life again. would be very interessting to see at which point i did a mistake and if i could make it undone.

Originally posted by Ichor
"strained". the chorus says everything. i really would live my life again. would be very interessting to see at which point i did a mistake and if i could make it undone.

Good choice.

I would say Tonight's Music, a Darkness Coming and No Good Can Come Of This. And the chorus on Sulfur is amazing!

I see myself in all Jonas lyrics...so it's hard to choose.The first that come into my mind are Sulfur, Day, Black session, I am nothing, Help me disappear...too many actually!

I would have to say the 2 songs that grapped me the most were both from LFDGD. Clean Today and Don't Tell A Soul, especially Clean Today.

Help Me Disappear...Sulfur....Don't Tell A Soul....
All word that comes out through Jonas throught, touches me in a scary way.

My first personal lyric came from I am Nothing too:

"if you would tell me that i was someone
then for a second i would think
just like i would try to consider
how it would feel to know "

it made a lot of sense, it still does.

Then in the Dance of December's Souls i always find my favorite lyrics. Sometimes they get pretty in a strange way (like in Velvet Thorns).

My favorite lyrics still come from the one and only GATEWAYS OF BEREAVEMENT... that's touchy.