What kind of music do wolverine members listen to? besides queensryche?

Here's some of the bands and artists I'm into:

Kiss
Whitesnake
The Gathering
Bee Gees
Richard Marx
A-ha
Alphaville
Saviour Machine
Fates Warning
Judas Priest
Labÿrinth (mostly the album "Return to heaven denied")
Londonbeat (believe it or not but I love the "Harmony" album)
Marc Anthony
Helloween
Metallica
Carly Simon
Bruce Sprigsteen
Elvis Presley
Journey
Veni Domine

I guess I could go on for a while more but these are the ones that come to mind for the moment. As you can see it's a lot of pop and melodic stuff so it's definitely safe to say that I put the pop in Wolverine. :)

homo.jpg

:)

Right now I'm mostly listening to:
Bruce Springsteen
Depeche Mode (everything from 1987 to now)
A-ha
Kiss (everything with Paul Stanley on vocals)
Journey
Whitesnake
Amorphis (the new one)
Pink Floyd
Emmylou Harris (Wrecking ball)
Tori Amos
ZZ-top (the new stuff)
Onkel Kånkel :)

/Marcus Losbjer

Im pretty suprised. I would have expected a more "progressive" musictaste, regarding your records (TWP mainly) which are very progressive. Wolverine is also seen as a progmetal band.
YOur music doesn't show your music taste :)

Traum said:
Im pretty suprised. I would have expected a more "progressive" musictaste, regarding your records (TWP mainly) which are very progressive. Wolverine is also seen as a progmetal band.
YOur music doesn't show your music taste :)
The progressive side of our music comes from the fact that both Marcus and me were huge Fates Warning-fans during the 90's and Mikael (as well as me) was heavily into Dream Theater. Those influences kind of stuck with us and show in the music we write even today. The fact that our music is some sort of progressive metal is for me also the main reason why I don't listen that kind of music these days. It's kind of nice to get away from that whole thing so that when we get into writing mode we're not fed up with it. Then again, right now I'm having one of my Queensrÿche trips and just can't get enough of Mindcrime. :headbang:

Interesting view. Whats with your Death Metal influences? Does anyone of you still listen to death metal oand can we expect any death parts in wolverine in the future? What do you think of Death Bands like Opeth for example?

My tastes are varied, though I listen to metal mainly. Some of my favourite bands (other than Wolverine of course) include: The Gathering, Opeth, After Forever, Orphaned Land, Ram-Zet, Draconian, Nevermore, Rammstein, Elfonia, Shape of Despair, Season's End, Madder Mortem, Bloodbath, Strapping Young Lad..I could go on for a while! I'm really enjoying exploring doom metal at the moment, funeral doom in particular.

I don't listen exclusively to metal though, as I don't like to get stuck in a rut musically - I also love some singer/songwriters like Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple etc. I also have a much mocked fondness for Dolly Parton. My pop music desires are satisfied by Tatu & ABBA :D

My Last.FM profile shows my tastes fairly well - Prawn @ Last.FM

I really like the "Damnation" album by Opeth, and as I said before, I really like Amorphis. The new album is very good and the "Tales from the thousand lakes" album is one of the reasons Wolverine were formed in the first place. I still listen to that album from time to time and sometimes I can put on a Morbid Angel album as well. When it comes to death-parts in Wolverine songs I really don't know, it might happen, it might not happen. It's really about our state of mind :). At this moment I'm really not inspired to include any death metal parts in Wolverine since I'm not into it, and I'm really not keen on forcing something into somehing just because the sake of it. It really has to feel like it belongs if we would do such a thing. We evolve as a band all the time and I can't say we're the same band as we were when we recorded TWP, we're an update of that band with new ways of looking at things. I guess it's the same thing for every band that wants to evolve.
/Marcus

Prawn Overdose said:
I'm really enjoying exploring doom metal at the moment, funeral doom in particular.

Then I think you should check out Veni Domine (www.venidomine.com). They're a progressive doomband, especially their first two albums are nothing but masterpieces. I'm good friend with Torbjörn Weinesjö who plays guitar and he has actually helped Wolverine out a few times with arrangements and stuff.

All their albums are great but as I said, especially check out Fall Babylon Fall and Material Sanctuary.

Traum said:
Interesting view. Whats with your Death Metal influences? Does anyone of you still listen to death metal oand can we expect any death parts in wolverine in the future? What do you think of Death Bands like Opeth for example?

I'd love to incorporate some more growls in the future but, just as Marcus says, it has to feel motivated. They should be there for a reason and that reason must be a musical reason. We'll see what future compositions may hold.

I like Opeth altough I don't actively listen to them but I do have great respect for them as musicians. I actually, up until very recently, worked with Johan DeFarfalla who played bass on their first two albums. He shared a lot of great road stories with me. :)

losbjer said:
At this moment I'm really not inspired to include any death metal parts in Wolverine since I'm not into it, and I'm really not keen on forcing something into somehing just because the sake of it. It really has to feel like it belongs if we would do such a thing. We evolve as a band all the time and I can't say we're the same band as we were when we recorded TWP, we're an update of that band with new ways of looking at things. I guess it's the same thing for every band that wants to evolve.
/Marcus

It would be silly to force it, especially if it doesn't fit at all with where you are heading with the music. I love a band to evolve, there's nothing more boring than someone churning the same album out again and again. That's one of the things I like so much about Wolverine, every album has the Wolverine feel to it, but each one is different.

Of course some bands 'evolve' in a direction I find absolutely unlistenable *cough*Lacuna Coil*cough*.

Domine said:
Then I think you should check out Veni Domine (www.venidomine.com). They're a progressive doomband, especially their first two albums are nothing but masterpieces. I'm good friend with Torbjörn Weinesjö who plays guitar and he has actually helped Wolverine out a few times with arrangements and stuff.

All their albums are great but as I said, especially check out Fall Babylon Fall and Material Sanctuary.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out :D

oooooook...at the moment im loving:

Gamma Ray, Edguy, Maiden, HammerFall, DragonForce, Helloween, Power Quest, Firewind...along with random other unappreciated metal bands that Ive found on MySpazz..

meh i wish i could find wolverine stuff in the shops here :(

I have a huge list os artists, I'll stick to the important ones (for me) :Smug:

The Alarm
Alter Bridge
Another Life
Ayreon
Big Country
Black Sabbath
Chris Caffery
The Call
Candlemass
The Church
Circle II Circle
Coheed and Cambria
Deep purple
Dio
Dire Straits
The Doors
Dream theater
Elegy
The Gallery
Godsend
Golden Earring
Jeff Healey
IQ
Billy Joel
Journey
Levellers
Live
Magnum
Marillion
Richard Marx
Mindfeed
The Mission
Gary Moore
Neal Morse
Motorpsycho
My Dying Bride
Nightingale
October Falls
Opeth
Paradise Lost
Pearl jam
Psychotic Waltz
Queensryche :loco:
Rainbow
Riverside
Rush
Saga
Savatage
Saviour Machine !!
Shadow Gallery
Simon And Garfunkel
The Sisters Of Mercy
Solitude Aeturnus
Bruce Springsteen
Status Quo
Styx
Tad Morose
The Tea Party
Threshold
U2
UFO
Unicorn
Uriah Heep
Veni Domine
The Waterboys
Whitecross
Wolverine
Neil Young

Prawn Overdose said:
I bought my copy of the Window Purpose in HMV.

well ive been in 8 major HMV stores in central london and my local cambridge one and have turned out nothing :erk: i feel cheated :cry: i did however find a buy an unhealthy amount of gamma ray in hmv covent garden :heh:

Domine said:
I'd love to incorporate some more growls in the future but, just as Marcus says, it has to feel motivated. They should be there for a reason and that reason must be a musical reason. We'll see what future compositions may hold.

I like Opeth altough I don't actively listen to them but I do have great respect for them as musicians. I actually, up until very recently, worked with Johan DeFarfalla who played bass on their first two albums. He shared a lot of great road stories with me. :)

What is Johan doing now? and there was another ex member can not remember his name.

LunarSea said:
What is Johan doing now? and there was another ex member can not remember his name.

Johan works as a project leader at a school somewhere outside Gävle. I haven't been in touch with him for many months now but as far as I know he lives a happy life together with his wife and two (or three??) kids. He doesn't do much playing at all actually.

As for the other member I don't have a clue.
http://www.gavle.se/