What Wolverine's fans listened to last week:

Apr 7, 2006
Kent, UK
www.metalmonk.co.uk
Every week Last.FM generates a chart of what everyone in the group listened to the previous week - and now that the Wolverine group has more than 10 members, we've started getting charts generated :) The number on the right indicates how many people in the group listened to a particular band last week.

Pretty interesting selection!

A Wolverine / Opeth tour would be absolutely amazing! Opeth are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, in fact their 2003 gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire is still my favourite gig of all time :D Add Wolverine to that and I may possibly die from the excitement. :lol:

Prawn Overdose said:
A Wolverine / Opeth tour would be absolutely amazing! Opeth are one of the best live bands I've ever seen, in fact their 2003 gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire is still my favourite gig of all time :D Add Wolverine to that and I may possibly die from the excitement. :lol:

Ha, ha! Well, we wouldn't want that to happen, that's for sure. :)

Prawn Overdose said:

I was there too, good gig.

Shame about Ghost Reveries tho... :loco:

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:

manowar.jpg

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I was there too, good gig.

Ghost Reveries is an excellent album! Some corking tracks on that, the usual Opeth high standard :D Still Life is my favourite though. Though I realise to be a tr00 Opeth fan I'm supposed to hate everything after Orchid. :err:

I dont even like Orchid.

A Wolverine/Opeth tour would be a strange match. It doesnt fit in my eyes.
Wolverine should tour alone and do 3 hour shows a night like Dream Theater ^^

Ever thought about an 20 minutes epicsong? :headbang:

Traum said:
Ever thought about an 20 minutes epicsong? :headbang:

Several times but I guess it's been a while since we last attempted such a thing. I really don't know if we could pull it off though. There's nothing worse than a 20 minute-song that is 20 minutes long just for the sake of being 20 minutes long. The length needs to be motivated somehow. I do however love long epic songs if they are done "the right way" so to speak. I think "Still Remains" with Fates Warning is a really good example. I love that track.

We'll see what happens in the future in terms of songwriting. We are very open as a band to influences and ideas so I definitely wouldn't rule out the possibility of us creating something long and epic. But as I said, we would have to feel the length was motivated.

Wolverine - Still
Antimatter - Planetary Confinement
Radiohead - Ok Computer
King Crimson - Islands
Andy Timmons - That Was Then, This Is Now

I am listening to only one band atm for about a quarter year and you have to discover it. Agalloch
Here you can listen to a fiew tracks "http://www.myspace.com/agalloch"

The beauty of the record "the mantle" isn´t able to be described by human words. Every Opeth fan should know this band. Everyone who loves emotional progressive music should love this band.
Its just incredible music. Agalloch - The Mantle
(folk/black/prog/doom/metal/rock)

I have recently discovered the band Whitesnake and am listening to their early albums, specificaly the ones with the Deep Purple band members (1979-1982)

Whitesnake%20-%20Love%20Hunter.jpg
Whitesnake%20-%20Come%20An%20Get%20It.jpg

Fun stuff, esp. cause it has some DP sound in it AND I LOVE DEEP PURPLE. :D

FatalDreams said:
I have recently discovered the band Whitesnake and am listening to their early albums, specificaly the ones with the Deep Purple band members (1979-1982)

Whitesnake are amazing! I hope you haven't missed "Slide it in" which is an amazing album. For example "Love ain't no stranger", "Gambler", "Slow and easy" and a few other tracks are simply true masterpieces. I also like "Restless heart" from 1997. It has a great bluesy feel.

By the way, did you check out the Coverdale & Page album? That's one hell of an album! Strongly recommended!

Check out the Whitesnake Live in the Still of the Night DVD....Coverdale can still sing pretty good (obviously not as good as 20-30 years ago) and they do some classic older tracks like Don't Break My Heart, Love Ain't No Stranger, Ready n Willing...as well as DP classics Burn and Soldier of Fortune (hidden extra). Awesome band of musos for the gig.

Been listening to

Wastefall-Self Exile
Eidolon-The Parallel Otherworld
Bumblefoot-Normal
OSI-Free
Vanden Plas-Christ0
Prototype-Continuum
Suspyre-The Silvery Image
Beautiful Sin-The Unexpected
The Deserts of Traun-Pt III:The Lilac Moon

Pain of Salvation

Daniel Gildenlöw = god of all singers (next to our worthy domine) :worship:
Most singers reach to the skys to achieve unearthly things and take their ideas from god, while gildlöpw is the one whos sitting up there in the clouds giving and feeding their minds.

Most touching song at the moment: PoS - Undertow

let me bleed let me bleed let me tear myself apart I need to breathe

it makes me cry :(