What makes the best music?

Guardian of Darkness said:
I think you're reaching a *tiny* bit there. There's a big difference between saying 'the natural process of the universe is our God' and 'there is a supreme omniscient conscious being in the skies who will reward if you live by the ways that are written in this book'

My thoughts exactly.

WNxScythe said:
Well I can't really argue further from that point. But I think by now we can both agree that complete atheism is fairly idiotic.

Faith is inherently involved in either belief in evolution, God or whatever.

why is being athiest idiotic? why saying once you die all you do is lay in the ground is idiotic? It kind of makes sence that if all the other animals that we live with just rot in the ground why do we not? just because we can think makes us have an after life... Some athiests believe the earch controls us... so there doesnt have to be something out there. i don't think any views on whats after death, or anything is idiotic... because all do the same purpose...

after talking with people i think people choose religions to feel safe... and that helps them distinguish what is good or evil... like most organized religions... i dont think any less of people if they are christians that actually follow their religion, i mostly hate how hypocritical most christians are and the morals that are still in affect when we dont even have half of the faith the us or other countrys had before....

^^^
I didn't say not believing in afterlife is idiotic I said not believing that there's some sort of something that's almighty is idiotic.

This bickering should stop. Metal is open to everyone. Another reason I'll say political or religious ideology doesn't actually "matter".

anonymousnick2001 said:
This bickering should stop. Metal is open to everyone. Another reason I'll say political or religious ideology doesn't actually "matter".

Well it's people like Biker that really convince me of that... the metal community really is one of the worst unfortunately :Smug:

Credit goes to Guardian for keeping this an intelligent discussion until neo-nazi Biker boy showed up.

I don't see that picture of yours Lykathea so I'm guessing someone removed it cause it was something obscene :rolleyes:

First of all, I don't like criticizing people's tastes. Everyone can listen to whatever they want for whatever reason they want.

What I'm worried about is the entire purpose of music being corrupted because people want to listen to "evil shit," just because it reflects their beliefs. Music is about sound, not image. Audio, not visual. You could say that it's about how it all connects with you, and if you like the lyrics and theme behind it, but at the same time a band could completely suck and you would be blind to it, because all you would be thinking about is "They're talking about burning and raping the crucified corpse of Jesus, that's cool, they're so evil and different."
I think a good portion of the metal community is blind to the fact that metal bands nowadays try to sell to a target audience by being this way. It's soulless to do that. I'm no big fan of Jesus, but trying to fit in is not the purpose of this genre. Metal contains so many hypocrisies that I can barely even listen to it anymore, because I can't find new bands that aren't trying to target the "I'm evil, I'm cool" crowd.

So basically, I think that listening to music because of their ideals is destroying what music is. Focus on songwriting, please. If you disagree, I'm sorry, because you're not helping.