What Metal Bands come from your town?

Hmmm... Let me think...

Tristania
Forlorn
Theatre of Tragedy
Gehenna

I'm sure there's a few others, but those are the most important ones.

Well, out of the signed bands, Eidolon! They're a fucking great band too (they're on metal blade)! A legendary one which I'm sure everyone's heard about is Anvil..
Then there's Warmachine who're currently unsinged, but awesome as well.. Few others like NitemarE, Reckon With One and so forth

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
UM!! HELLO! NORWAY and FINLAND aren't TOWNS! They are COUNTRIES!!

I meant TOWNS... the actual town or city that you live in.

yeah i know... all the bands i mentioned are from the oslo area. if i mentioned all norwegian bands i would have menitoned immortal too but they are from bergen...

Originally posted by Lee_B
Reading's shite for bands, though The Cooper Temple Clause seem to be getting a lot of press these days.

They suck hugely tho :p I had the misfortune of seeing the supporting Muse live and they were bloody awful :)

Anyway, they're not metal but a little band called Pink Floyd come from my town. And another called Porcupine Tree, and Ezio. I think those are about the only famous ones ;) Gary Numan is from around here too :)

All bands listed below have albums out. I'll leave "smaller" acts of of this...

Bands from Luleå: Gates Of Ishtar (now Duskfall), Everdawn, Necromicon, Scheitan, Battlelust etc

Bands from "neighbouring" cities: Naglfar, Nocturnal Rites, Dead Silent Slumber, Vintersorg/Otyg and Satariel etc

There are more but those are the good ones (imo)