What Metal Bands come from your town?

five pointe o come from joliet, illinois, usa (where i live, though i don't list it). they just got signed to roadrunner.

they're actually quite cool: sometimes, their vocalist sounds like zack de la rocha (ex-rage against the machine), but mostly, they scream/growl, and it's quite cool.

check out "purity 01" and make it through the little monologue thing.

http://www.fivepointeo.com

well, one band from istanbul that hopefully some of you could have heard is pentagram (also known as "mezarkabul" in europe). but my fave turkish band is COMMA. definitly one of the best progressive metal bands in turkey. definitely try the songs "solid trance" and "never betray". i guess they are on audiogalaxy. you wont regret it.

Garden of Shadows, Rain Fell Within, Brave (Arise from Thorns), Forty Days Longing, Pessimist, Lamb of God, Hatred, Dying Fetus, Aurora Borealis...

I was hanging out with Michelle and Scott from Brave at a party on Saturday. They have no idea that people know of them beyond this area. And, I might add, I was wearing an Opeth shirt, which they complimented me on first. :D

This other guy, Tom Phillips, who used to be in Brave and is now in While Heaven Wept lived in England and was in Solstice for a while.

Oh yeah, and the singer Mya was in my high school choir. :rolleyes:

uh lets see..... novembers doom, jared from hate eternal/morbid angel, and larry from iced earth (he had the same guitar teacher as me:))

thats all i can think of right now.. oh and disturbed :( lol

I don't know of any metal bands from my city. There may be some that are from here that I don't know about. Mostly the only bands from this area are alternative rock or emo. :/ Corrosion of Conformity is from Raleigh(about 3 hours from my city). Any help from fellow North Carolineans is appreciated.

I'm not sure if they come from this suburb/town/whatever, but they've both played at my highschool:
Fragile Tank and Third Son (Might be Sun, not sure).

FT has a really good guitarist and bassist, the guitarist blows away most of the people I've heard.