What music are you ashamed to say you listen to ?

I for myself outside of metal i listen to some rock mostly old bands and even pop.

As for pop i like Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel but both are not new and like metal pop was better in the 80's

As for rock i would say Whitesnake,Cutting Crew,Alice cooper,dokken,Led zepplin,deep purple.

I am not ashamed of liking those rock bands more the pop ones.

Try this

Phil collins - I don't care anymore
Phil collins - find a way to my heart
Phil Collins - I can feel it in the air

Cutting crew - (I just) died in your arms

Peter Gabriel - Kiss of life
Peter Gabriel - mercy street
:OMG::OMG::OMG: ASHAMED OF "Whitesnake,Cutting Crew,Alice cooper,dokken,Led zepplin,deep purple." you are joking right?:lol:

When i'm in the car and am forced against my will to listen to top 40 radio and i actually know the lyrics for whatever reason... then and only then am i ashamed. Although i tried to fit in with the mainsteam crowd when i was like 11 (for whatever reason) i hated the music so i never bothered myself with it again...

I sometimes listen to a 1940's vocal band called The Ink Spots (that i'm not ashamed of) but i'm a bit ashamed that i listen to Korn, but hey, their still one of my favourite bands.

I am ashamed of nothing.

I am likewise not ashamed...but as far as strange shit I listen to... I'll bump some patsy cline every now and then
PatsyClineShowcaseCD.jpg

Like some have already said, it's not that 'm ashamed of these bands, but more that I avoid mentioning when people ask.

I admit to liking Skrillex in small doses, but I hate it when people say they like dubstep and list Skrillex as their favourite. He doesn't do dubstep, it's electronic dance music with dubstep influences. Dubstep is Skream, Bar9 etc., which I like.

I also like HIM's Love Metal album... Some stuff on there's good. I really like Slipknot despite them being what I would call a 'children's band'.

And for people who slate Theory of a Deadman, I know they suck now. The first two albums (Theory of a Deadman and Gasoline) are actually really, really good in my opinion. After that they turned shit.

I like Because of the Times by Kings of Leon...

Children's band? :guh:

Yeah, like.. The kind of band that 10-15 year olds listen to because it upsets their parents.
I think they are really good though, Corey Taylor has a good metal voice and a good singing voice, and on top of that he's a great songwriter.
I think they should also be on Encyclopaedia Metallum. There's more fake metal than Slipknot and they get on there.

the most people that know me , know me as a metalhead and sometimes when i am talking with some hardcore metalhead (black/death metal fan)i am ashamed to say that my favorite band is three days grace... well they are some kind of metal (alternative metal, alternative rock and post - grunge) but the most people don't accept them as a metal band and say they are emo (lol wtf) but anyway when I think about it how much 3dg helped me and when I thinka bout the awesome music,voice,lyrics and live performance, Im proud to say that I am a Three Days Grace Fan!

but also there are some songs that I am ashamed to say that I Listen to like.. there are around 10-15 rap songs that I like and also 10-20 pop songs that I like...but who can listen to one genre all the time??

Ke$ha
i don't care about the not bathing an peeing on someone's lawn thing, Ke$ha's pop-y music is still fun to listen to

Probably the band i'd get the most shit for liking is Atreyu, but I find their music enjoyable so why be ashamed of it just because the general populous doesn't like their music?

I'm a bit uncomfortable to admit to thoroughly enjoying these songs on my ipod:
- that one "witch doctor" song (you know, ooh eeh ooh ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang)
- Backstabber by Kesha
- that nyan cat tune
- The Secret Life by Will Hyler, ripped off the youtube video haha!

I am not ashamed of any music I listen to or of telling other people what music I like (or don't like).