Stuff you might be ashamed to admit you listen to.

I'm not really ashamed of anything I listen to, guess I should have said that first time I posted, but here are some bands/artists that arnt metal that I love:

BOB DYLAN, Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, NRBQ, Roy Orbison, Hermans Hermits (IM HENRY THE 8TH I AM!)

I admit I like 4 Lily Allen songs. Easy on the eyes as well.

I'm not really ashamed of anything I listen to, guess I should have said that first time I posted, but here are some bands/artists that arnt metal that I love:

BOB DYLAN, Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe, NRBQ, Roy Orbison, Hermans Hermits (IM HENRY THE 8TH I AM!)

Nothing there to be ashamed of...don't know who Lily Allen is. Speaking of Herman's Hermits, remember when Peter Noone(sp?) had that VH1 show...he was a pretty good VJ.

Well...I found the ultimate neo classical shredder...Matthew Mills...you will burn your guitars...it's inhuman. Rob Marcello too...search these guys on YouTube...you'll be blown away!

Shit, I grew up on Roy Orbison. My father would have beaten me silly if I ever said anything bad about Roy.

I just came across my Matthew Sweet CD. I forgot how much I liked his 1st disc. I saw him open for Melissa Etheridge during the "I stole Lou Diamond Phillips wife" tour. I always thought of him as a very good guitarist.

I've seriously only heard like 2 Peral Jam songs and one was a cover so I can't comment on them but I totally agree about Nirvana. I just never got it.

Pearl Jam was all over the radio in the 90's...and there was that ridiculous nonsense that Eddie Vedder was a genius...same nonsense we heard about Kurt Cobain...what were people thinking? I personally think Eddie Vedder is tone deaf...how can someone sing off key on an album?

Pearl Jam was all over the radio in the 90's...and there was that ridiculous nonsense that Eddie Vedder was a genius...same nonsense we heard about Kurt Cobain...what were people thinking? I personally think Eddie Vedder is tone deaf...how can someone sing off key on an album?
I was a child of the 90's and I remember any band that had on flannel was considered genius. Just never payed attention to grunge at all so Peral Jam slipped by me. Nirvana on the other hand nobody could fucking escape :ill:

...not really 'ashamed'...but I love Ugly Kid Joe. ...especially "America's Least Wanted". That, to me, is a perfect cd....it has a little bit of everything in it. Anyone else like 'em?

...not really 'ashamed'...but I love Ugly Kid Joe. ...especially "America's Least Wanted". That, to me, is a perfect cd....it has a little bit of everything in it. Anyone else like 'em?

Right here :) I liked their cover song on Nativity in Black and a few of their other tunes.

Pearl Jam is one of the worst fucking bands ever. Terrible hippy shit. I like a few Nirvana songs, was never a huge fan. I would say I could stand them more after Cobain was dead. I did like Alice in Chains and, Temple of the Dog, and whoever sang Black Hole Sun. Cant even remember what band that was, all I know is Cornell is in that awful band audioslave.:puke:

Hmm to each their own I suppose... Vedder is actually one of my most favourite vocalists, even though I sometimes don't get his hippie political activism, but being from totally different part of the world, it doesn't affect or bother me...

Soundgarden. Their first 3 albums "Ultramega OK", "Louder than Love" and "Badmotorfinger" are awesome.

Most people don't even know that Soundgarden had any albums before Badmotorfinger. They were a very good band.

I too used to be a huge Pearl Jam fan. Then, all that drama with Eddie and his politics, Cobain blowing his brains out, etc. etc. It turned me off to all of that Seattle shit. Except for The Presidents Of The United States Of America and Alice in Chains. Still listen to both of them.