Stuff you might be ashamed to admit you listen to.

fah-q

Brusque
Sep 7, 2005
New York
I have liked reading all the posts in Shenk's "Must have guitar albums" thread. We all seem to get along better when we talk about what brought us all here, MUSIC!
How about everyone lists (admits) any bands they listen to regularly that you might be ashamed of? Stuff that if you wore their shirt at an MOD show, you could get your ass kicked. For me, there are probably more than a few.
Coheed and Cambria- Don't know why, I just like it.
Willie Nelson- My very first concert. Went with my mom when she had an extra ticket. I don't care what anyone says. Willie is a cool dude.
10,000 maniacs- I dated this psuedo-beatnik, alt-rock chick in college. She was big into them. It stuck for some reason.

Everyone, be honest. . . Or take the opportunity to laugh at me and call me names. :headbang:

Sarah McLachlan - I really dig a lot of her stuff....and her.
I really like City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold.

I'm sure there's more.

I'm glad someone else appreciates the music threads...I'm not much on politics...music is my thing.

Styx ( I know, I know :ill: )

Phil Collins - I have everything he's ever done...I really like his voice and respect his talent.

Stanley Clarke - Bass playing genius!!!

Styx ( I know, I know :ill: )

Phil Collins - I have everything he's ever done...I really like his voice and respect his talent.

Stanley Clarke - Bass playing genius!!!

Now why would you be ashamed of Stanley Clarke? That's some great, stuff.

Phil Collins...I can see that...It's no fun being an illegal alien.:lol:

I'll admit it, I saw her live too. Lezapalooza (lillith fair).
I also have Avenged Sevenfold. I like the music but the whining from the singer wears on me.

Avenged Sevenfold are a good band...great guitarists...I agree about the singer...they have some interesting and original ideas.

It's like Nevermore...if they got rid of that nightmare of a singer they may have something...I can't stomach more than 2 or 3 songs.

I'm in love with Sarah...have been for years...she's my soul mate only she and my wife don't know it. Ha!:lol: Well...my wife has an idea.

How about Surfin' MOD? Now that's a guility pleasure...especially Color My World!:lol:
I never had any problem admitting it, but I never could explain why I enjoyed it so. Some people just don't get it.
There are definately bands that none of my friends listen too.
The Kinks ~ Love the guitar tones
Stevie Wonder
P-Funk
Snoop
Bluegrass ~ Old school shredding

Bluegrass RULES. It's damn hard to play too. Just watching the old schoolers picking at 100 mph is awesome.

There's some great bluegrass and great players...I love Allison Krauss and Union Station.

Jerry Douglas is a dobro player extraordinaire. He is a musician's musician and transcends any genre. He's one of my favorite musicians period! I highly recommend anything by him. He does some stuff with Bela Fleck which is awesome!

i got one or two. Sum41 would be ther first. and the second would be Eminem, now that's pretty far from sum41 and other bullshit but gota admit that this Dr Dre is good at what he does.
I actualy have a list of music that doesn't show up in my itunes, but i do lsiten to it in a production and sonic perspective, and sometimes it helps.

I never had any problem admitting it, but I never could explain why I enjoyed it so. Some people just don't get it.
There are definately bands that none of my friends listen too.
The Kinks ~ Love the guitar tones
Stevie Wonder
P-Funk
Snoop
Bluegrass ~ Old school shredding

Kinks Low Budget is a classic Rock n Roll album...it was a gem in the early eighties cloud of New Wave...Sleepwalker too...good stuff!

Evanescence:oops: My g/f made me listen to them with her and over a time...Satan save me...I actually sort of liked some of it. It may be pure pop fluffery - but it is relatively talented fluff at least. :rolleyes:

(for perspective I generally listen about 90% Thrash, Death or Black Metal)

There's some great bluegrass and great players...I love Allison Krauss and Union Station.

Jerry Douglas is a dobro player extraordinaire. He is a musician's musician and transcends any genre. He's one of my favorite musicians period! I highly recommend anything by him. He does some stuff with Bela Fleck which is awesome!

I love bluegrass!! Not a few of the old-timer metalheads I know do also:headbang: