Albums you are ashamed of

davegrohl

Mar 5, 2009
I dont think i´ve seen this anywhere...

Yesterday i was talking to a friend and he ask me this question:
"Which cd´s in your Music collection (any music) are just a reason to be ashamed of yourself??" I mean, when we were younger (or even at this time), we bought some music that we thought it was cool those days, and today just... dont.

ok here i go:

-Aerosmith (greatest hits, or something like that)
-Ace of Base (happy nation)
-Some mexican and puerto rican stuff (regional music, really bad)

LOL

i mean, these were the first albums i bought with my very own money and i wasn`t listening to music at all, i just heard some friends talking about this thing called "music" and i wanted to see for myself what was all this shit.

i cant think of anything else right now, but im sure i have more of these..

how about you?

haha I remember when i was 15, i was listening to Dire Straits with dad, and i wanted something heavier, i didn't even know what that music was called (the one i was looking for) so i went to a cd store and i got a compilation of : Jet, Velvet Revolver, Avril Lavigne, and a bunch of other stuff like that lol !! I thought those were "heavy" until my friend saved me with the Black Album ...

-Aerosmith (greatest hits, or something like that)

I've got one of those, but it was only up to the start of the 1980s, so it actually was from when they were good and fucked up on drugs. Way before that love in an elevator nonsense. Therefore not embarrassed.

^^ Almost fun, but it's a matter of time before you get banned.

Back to thread, I broke pretty much all these "albums I'm ashamed of", but it included things like Sum 41, Blink 182, Linkin Park, even Eminem I think... but don't blame me, I was young and followed my big brother's musical taste.

a-ha, another guilty pleasures thread...well, not exactly, but similar.

my answer to the original post: none. there are no CDs in my collection which im ashamed of. even those old albums from the beginning of the 90s (celine dion's "falling into you" and the whatnot) are spun from time to time for their nostalgic value.

a-ha, another guilty pleasures thread...well, not exactly, but similar.

my answer to the original post: none. there are no CDs in my collection which im ashamed of. even those old albums from the beginning of the 90s (celine dion's "falling into you" and the whatnot) are spun from time to time for their nostalgic value.

celine dion is always embarassing emre:p

as for me, i dont really have any cds im ashamed of but my mates love to take the piss when i listen to stuff like john denver or jesse cook.