Music you are ashamed of liking?

Well, I'm not ashamed, but I know it's not very glorious hehe... I started to like music 'cause of the Offspring, and I still like them... their recent albums are getting too POP and their work level is getting bad, but they still do cool songs. Actually there are a lot of things that I find in Punk Rock that i can't find in havy metal or alikes it's like some sort of impulsive energy... Well, I like a few punk rock bands. But I still prefer progressive metal and heavy metal...

You guys should try the Offspring... actually Smash is their best album, and their lyrics are very cool!

alright, sorry for suggesting punk rock to progressive listeners...

Yeah, I know Porcupine Tree is great...

And, I listened to The Offspring for four years. Nothing but The Offspring. I own all six of their albums, and they were my first concert...

I still have most of their songs memorized. They are like the most common gateway band into "tr00" music...

Manga-San said:
Yeah, I know Porcupine Tree is great...

And, I listened to The Offspring for four years. Nothing but The Offspring. I own all six of their albums, and they were my first concert...

I still have most of their songs memorized. They are like the most common gateway band into "tr00" music...

Hey! I also listened to nothing but The Offspring in the beggining... What does "tr00" mean?

Symphony X said:
Hey! I also listened to nothing but The Offspring in the beggining... What does "tr00" mean?

If I'm not wrong tr00 is l33t 5p34k for true ... although i could be wrong ... cuz I've seen 7r00 meaning true ... so I'm assuming that tr00 is also "true".

Suicide said:
One thing though, ever since I started listening to prog-metal and Symphony X, I'm begining to feel that most other forms of music, esp pop, rap etc lack substance and content. :err:

Trust me if you were me, you'd hate rap as well, there are always some morons who'd come along at all times of the day blasting rap-crap out of their crappy car stereo and dancing like spastic retards. AAt which point I prop my sound system on the window still of my student house and educate them with some prog-metal, or if I'm particularly mean, Death metal, ala Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel etc :devil:
Hell yeah man, you hit the nail on the head. It really just turns my stomach when I see all those guys blasting rap. Just as a tip, I think you should add Cannibal Corpse to your collection of Death Metal. Yeah, it's pretty popular, but it does the job! *wink*

Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by ProgMetalFan
Porcupine Tree is amazing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, they are not

hey guys ... NO BASHING.
this is the ultimate test for all of us. Show respect. there is no one here in lack of arguments for accusing and bashing any music.