Music you are ashamed of liking?

Here's one for any of you who are over the age of 18. How about Cyndi Lauper? Ha ha. My 4 year old daughter was rooting around through my wife's old CD's and pulled that one out. she loves the songs and always asked me to play it in the car on the way to her day care. There are actually some good songs on there. She had a great voice. However, I'm not really ashamed to admit it, as I think any well written song deserves credit and shouldn't be put down just because of its genre.

I'm not ashamed of any type of music I listen to, here are some of the bands that troo (notice the sarcasm) metal heads wouldn't listen to:

Creed
Bon Jovi
a little bit of electronica (as background music, I hate that dancing shit)

And that's all (I don't listen to many mainstream bands as you may see)

oh and btw, what's wrong with classical music? I personally don't feel ashamed of classical music.

I have to say that i also enjoy some outkast every now and again (hey... it's catchy stuff, and they are talented!!) When i remember more stuff, then i will post it. And of course you aren't ashamed of anything you like... you know what that means though.

Man - Yngwie started the whole "Neo-classical shred" FUCKIN thing.
SyX are very influenced by him. Particularly in there earlier albums
Sure he has repeated himself over the last 20 years, gotten really slack, still wears the whole 80's thing and that there is heaps better people than him. But still man, He is a very inovative guy.

I'll probably bet blasted for this, the collaboration between Linkin Park and X-ecutioners ... erm came up with a track called It's Going Down,

Its the shittiest piece of work they claim to be music, unfortunately I have the MP3 and I play it about once in 2 weeks and I find it nice, that is so disgusting, I need to wash my ears out after listening to it.

Suicide said:
I'll probably bet blasted for this, the collaboration between Linkin Park and X-ecutioners ... erm came up with a track called It's Going Down,

Its the shittiest piece of work they claim to be music, unfortunately I have the MP3 and I play it about once in 2 weeks and I find it nice, that is so disgusting, I need to wash my ears out after listening to it.

dude.. I also like some Linkin Park songs.. I don't think you should be ashamed of anything. Just like what you like. (Alright.. you should be ashamed if you like britney spears or something)

I kinda like Larger than Life by Backstreet Boys, hehe, and some
early Michael Jackson stuff. Actually, now that I think of it, I like
everything with cool guitar-solos in it, no matter how bad a song.
Just can't get enough of cool guitar stuff.

CrimsonForever said:
I kinda like Larger than Life by Backstreet Boys, hehe, and some
early Michael Jackson stuff. Actually, now that I think of it, I like
everything with cool guitar-solos in it, no matter how bad a song.
Just can't get enough of cool guitar stuff.

that's my disease: I only like a song if it has a guitar solo in it.

It's not that I'm ashamed of hearing this stuff, it's just that it's music that I listen to, like, escape from Heavy Metal from times to times. So, here it goes...

Celine Dion, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins, Richard Marx, Kenny G, R. Kelly, Yngwie Malmsteen (
sgrin.gif
, Creed, Boyz II Men (only ONE!! "Four Seasons of Loneliness", a wonderful song)... and so on...

Attn karelrulez

Thanks for pointing that out to me, its a nice song and kinda like the other guys say an escape from metal every now and then. Which I must agree, is needed more so for people like us whose musical taste are what others call extreme.:hotjump:

One thing though, ever since I started listening to prog-metal and Symphony X, I'm begining to feel that most other forms of music, esp pop, rap etc lack substance and content. :err:

Trust me if you were me, you'd hate rap as well, there are always some morons who'd come along at all times of the day blasting rap-crap out of their crappy car stereo and dancing like spastic retards. AAt which point I prop my sound system on the window still of my student house and educate them with some prog-metal, or if I'm particularly mean, Death metal, ala Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Napalm Death, Morbid Angel etc :devil:

I don't think I'm ashamed of any of the music I listen to.

But I guess the music I should be ashamed of would be Days of the New and Enya.

ProgMetalFan said:
Vanden Plas - "Far Off Grace" album
Shadow Gallery - "Legacy" album
Coldplay

C'mon.....you're ashamed of liking Shadow Gallery????? That band is so cool....Listen to "First light" of the "Legacy" album, or what about the "Tyranny"-album....damn......!!!!!
Greetz, Tim

Back in my young and foolish days I picked up a copy of Snow - Twelve Inches of Snow and I've always been ashamed of owning that one :) But c'mon...Informer was pretty cool when it came out :) Especially if you were in like grade 8 or something.