Music you are ashamed of liking?

theodyssey

Best Album of the Year
Dec 13, 2002
Olympia, WA
Visit site
Alright, i am copying this question from a thread on the children of bodom board. What music do you like that you are ashamed of or wouldn't admit to normally??? The rules for this are absolutely NO flaming unless it is in a nice and joking context... flames only make this thread useless.... ok, here we go. i'll start

Nickleback - I actually have their "silver side up" cd... i love his vocals.
Garth Brooks
Gary Allen - country at it's best lol
Early Michael Jackson - before he got wierd
Barry White - The man of all men!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can you not like songs like "it ain't love babe (until you give it up)" heh
Foo Fighters - The colour and the shape was a pretty killer album IMO
The Offspring - i like some of their stuff from "Smash"... not all but some.

ok, you go now. NOW DAMNIT!!!

Michael Jackson is awesome. And I'm not ashamed to say it. He came up with some of the catchiest songs I've ever heard. And as far as pop goes, it doesn't get any better than Billy Jean.

I REALLY love Classical music. Orchestra, and Wind Ensembles(I was in band for 7 years). I can't stand the boring marches. I like mainly love Movie Themes like all the Star Wars music, and everything else that John Williams has done. The music from both of the Lord of the Rings movies are totally unbelievable. Howard Shore is a genius.

In concert band music there are tons of cool songs. A pretty famous composer named Frank Ticheli has some really cool stuff. You can download it from Kazaa. I'd recommend Vesuvius, and An American Elegy(a song he wrote for the columbine tragedy, a real piece of work).

Thats no reason to be ashamed of liking classical music.
SyX are heavilly influenced by it. Rhapsody especially! (I like them too)

I'm absolutely NOT ashamed of liking (loving even) jazz. Particularly fusion, funk and bebop.

Dream Symphony said:
In concert band music there are tons of cool songs. A pretty famous composer named Frank Ticheli has some really cool stuff. You can download it from Kazaa. I'd recommend Vesuvius, and An American Elegy(a song he wrote for the columbine tragedy, a real piece of work).
If there is any classical work I could recommend to a Symphony X fan, it would be Verdi's Requiem. You just can't go wrong with that.

DUDE! I'm downloading it right now. I was wondering where sym x got that theme from. That rocks! Do they mention it on the V album?(I'm too lazy to go look right now.)

Dream Symphony said:
DUDE! I'm downloading it right now. I was wondering where sym x got that theme from. That rocks! Do they mention it on the V album?(I'm too lazy to go look right now.)
Yeah. The Dies Ire from Verdi's Requiem. His Requiem litterally ROCKS at some places.

I love requiems. Notice my name. LOL. Mozart's is great too.

Dream Symphony said:

They mention it in the Japanese liners but not in the US ones (for whatever reason).

How about....

Steely Dan
Early R and B, funky style (ala James Brown, etc...)
Todd Rungren
Felix Cavaleir
Gospel Choirs...
Baroque classical

(Runs back blushing into the closet...hehe)

I am not really ashamed of any music I like (except for maybe a couple of country songs,,lol.) not all country just a couple songs..
I have so many diff. types of music I like it doesn't matter what someone else thinks!!(to me).. :)
I was raised on Bluegrass/gospel,, bepop/oldies,,country,and good old classic rock n' roll!!! (metal is my own thing,,:heh:).. like some other stuff, like some "Yannie" he has some cool songs. some classical, ect,ect..

I even listen to RAP once in a while, if I'm in the mood for it. Just once in a year or something. Blackstreet ft Slash - Fix, there's at least a guitar solo in it :). I also listen to old skool hiphop sometimes like Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight!

ProgMetalFan said:
Vanden Plas - "Far Off Grace" album

Nothing to be ashamed of with VP! Far Off Grace is actually the only one I haven't heard yet. Colour Temple is pretty cool, The God Thing is great, and so is Beyond Daylight. So there. ;)