Stuff you might be ashamed to admit you listen to.

I think that any band that got a cut on the Singles soundtrack are forever linked with grunge. I have to admit. Most of it was a hell of a lot easier to take than Poison, Britney Foxx, Bullett Boys and the other countless glam fuckers.

I think that any band that got a cut on the Singles soundtrack are forever linked with grunge. I have to admit. Most of it was a hell of a lot easier to take than Poison, Britney Foxx, Bullett Boys and the other countless glam fuckers.
Dee Snider said it best when it comes to record companys mentality's, if ones good, 100 is better, and I admire him for saying that because he also admitted even though he was in a glam band, it had to end. The same thing with grunge. Nirvana hit it big and all of a sudden anybody with a flannel shirt and a bad childhood were "geniuses". Then what we have is every band ripping eachother off, the same song formulas, and it goes on and on and on...

Except for The Presidents Of The United States Of America
The Presidents are great! At least their first record, which is maybe their best. I got also "II" and "Freaked out and small". THose records have some funny songs too. But they kinda lost it. Can't touch the debut, me thinks.
Does anyone have their latest record? Is it worth a dime?

"Goddamn Devil" is a great song! Hail Satan!

Having Rob Halford on the track doesn't hurt either....:kickass:

...Another band I like is Static X. I know a lot of people hate them...but they put on one helluva live show...I just don't see how Wayne sings like that for over an hour and a half...Christ on a cracker! Their new CD Cannibal is pretty damn good....

Having Rob Halford on the track doesn't hurt either....:kickass:

...Another band I like is Static X. I know a lot of people hate them...but they put on one helluva live show...I just don't see how Wayne sings like that for over an hour and a half...Christ on a cracker! Their new CD Cannibal is pretty damn good....

I did'nt know Halford sang on "America's Least Wanted" I'll have to check that out.........."Cannibal" rocks:headbang: ......Have you heard "Wisconsin Death Trip"?

I did'nt know Halford sang on "America's Least Wanted" I'll have to check that out.........."Cannibal" rocks:headbang: ......Have you heard "Wisconsin Death Trip"?

Yeah...he sings on Goddamned Devil. That cd has a wide range of tunes on it...shit, they also do a kickass version of Cats In The Cradle.

Wisconsin Death Trip is my favorite Static X offering. ...which leads me to a question for some of you in established bands....well...those that know alot about equipment. I'd like to do some Static X tunes, but I knwo I need something for the synth loops and shit. What exactly do I need?....I'm guessing some type of midi device and a footswitch of some sort...maybe a laptop?? ...software?? :erk:

Me and my little ol' band do a shit load of Misfits..some Sabbath..a few Ramones tunes (metallized up a bit)...

Fun topic!!
Last sunday I was walking in Best Buy just looking around wasting time and came across the first two Ratt albums and a live Journey album from the Escape tour. Had to get them. Driving home on the highway they were cranked up but the volume got turned down considerably when I left it. I didn't want somebody in the car next to me or standing on the corner hearing what I was.:lol:

Speaking of Nirvina, and again not ashamed to admit, Dave Grohl's a cool guy. I like the Foo Fighters. Just good fun rock music. And the vocalists he had on the Probot record, Cronos, Lemmy, Tom G. Warrior, Wino, King Diamond, ect...

Dave Grohl rules! I have just finished watching Pick Of Destiny.

I'M THE DEVIL, I LOVE METAL!!!!!!!!!!:kickass::headbang:

That was one of the worst movies I've ever attempted to watch! :puke:

I bailed on the mushroom trip...unwatchable.

Too bad you didn't get to see the final scene, I laughed my ass off.
To each their own, but I agree that the mushroom scene was totally beyond gay.

Being a true Tenacious D fan, enjoying their 30 minute sketches on HBO back in the late 90's, and even before then when the two guys guested on one of the greatest shows ever, Mr.Show with Bob and David, I enjoy anything by this duo. I believe the movie was good because it had acoustic rock guitar and Satan in it.

I am a true fan of comedy, be it the racist styling's of Johnny Rebel, the dry liminess of Monty Python, the dark awesomeness of Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi, or retarded antics of Jim Carrey when he didn't suck ( ace ventura/dumb and dumber/living in color.)

The three Monty Python movies are the best movies ever made IMO...

now back to the thread...when Schenkadere is here I have to say that my guilty pleasure is the song Night Of The Unborn by Mercyful Fate, especially that guitar solo! :lol: :yow:

The three Monty Python movies are the best movies ever made IMO...

now back to the thread...when Schenkadere is here I have to say that my guilty pleasure is the song Night Of The Unborn by Mercyful Fate, especially that guitar solo! :lol: :yow:

A big "YES" to Monty Python.

A GIGANTIC "NOOOOOOOOO" to Night Of The Unborn...sounds like it was recorded while King was receiving an enema!