What new amp?

Jan 10, 2005
I love tax returns. I should have about $1k coming back to me and I think I want a new amp. Currently I'm running a Peavey XSr and a Dual Recto. I have access to a FireBall, Laney GH100L, and a Marshall JCM800 2203, which he bought from me. I was thinking about getting an ADA MP-1, probably a 3TM or 666 modded one, or maybe just a stock one and see how that goes. Or I have no idea. Lol.

I like Kranks but I think I'd rather outsource some reamping or something to someone that knows the amp well, like Mr. Murphy or something. I can't decide on what to get, if I even get a new amp. Orange amps are cool, wouldn't mind a RockerVerb 50 or something. Sunn Model T's are up on eBay for about $900. VHT, can't find anything on eBay other than the Deliverance and it's more than I will have to spend. Wouldn't mind a Pittbull though. Hmm....so, basically I'm looking for something that will blend well with my XSr and Dual Recto, and offers a tone that's distinct.

The majority (probably 99.9%) of the work that I get is for black metal, death metal, a lot of tech-death, and all kinds of dirty ass grind bands. Dirty as in they want the dirtiest but beefiest tone.

I've even thought about getting another 5150mk1 just to have it. Or even the Bugera clone :p I'm happy with just the XSr and Recto, but I'd like to give bands more options, yanno?

So, suggest some amps!

~e.a

Hmmm I dunno... For a grand you are going to have a hard time finding anything that can really compete with what you've already got, the JSX is an incredible amp and the Recto is obviously a staple in this type of music... You sure you can't find a used Deliverance around that price?