What on earth happened to the Internet?

Wotan1488

Sep 21, 2022
I wonder what has caused the internet to go into such a decline, when I look at this forum I see posts that had some sort of attempt at interesting discussion, I used to visit Muds and now they are just empty. What I have experienced now is hostility and toxicity at every part of the internet that remains, there is a tendency of people to act in vile ways and gatekeep their communities, sevenstring.org for example. I was banned from that for daring to defend myself with wit from older forum members being toxic and witless, every place I go is filled with saddos forming cliques and mods powertripping, every inch of "cool" from the internet has depleted, if I knew where to go to find a source of interest and big brained discussion outside of the hivemind groupthink of social media sites then I would frequent those places but I just cannot find any such place. What do people think has caused this decline and where do I escape to? It seems to me that once the zoomer generation came up with their mass use of phones and social media the internet became a very asocial place where people transmit things without the knowledge that friendliness and popularity requires reciprocation, the internet is just a place for people to stream now, to try and make it as the next big psuedo-celebrity. The internet has become pathetic and childish and this is not just the Zoomers who are at fault, but the entire internet in general feels like a huge playground in a school for the mentally retarded, perhaps those who stayed on the internet after getting to marriage age are mostly sad losers who derive their meanings from these forums, it's sad state of affairs, the internet used to be normal and cool, now it's a place for saddos. What can be done?

"The internet has become pathetic and childish"

Homie its been like that always??? Lmfao.
Yeah I agree social media is shit and whatever, but if you think any place is "cool" because no one gave you shit for things you say, then maybe you're a loser after all :D

The internet has been in decline sonce before social media became a big thing, and that just happened to be a nail in the inevitable coffin.
Also, people have lives, I guess? Maybe not enough time to care for internet?
Forum sites have been mostly out grown, or it seems like at least. Its just not the most fundamental style anymore. And while I personally lament that, its just how shit goes.

You can blame kids all you want, but I think you're missing a big factor that anyone on the internet can be like that, not just "zoomers" or "saddos."

Life sucks, and people find ways to cope with that on the internet. Let kids learn and fuck up, I dunno. Stop acting like the internet used to be such a "cool" place when it never really was in the first place ;)

"The internet has become pathetic and childish"

Homie its been like that always??? Lmfao.
Yeah I agree social media is shit and whatever, but if you think any place is "cool" because no one gave you shit for things you say, then maybe you're a loser after all :D

The internet has been in decline sonce before social media became a big thing, and that just happened to be a nail in the inevitable coffin.
Also, people have lives, I guess? Maybe not enough time to care for internet?
Forum sites have been mostly out grown, or it seems like at least. Its just not the most fundamental style anymore. And while I personally lament that, its just how shit goes.

You can blame kids all you want, but I think you're missing a big factor that anyone on the internet can be like that, not just "zoomers" or "saddos."

Life sucks, and people find ways to cope with that on the internet. Let kids learn and fuck up, I dunno. Stop acting like the internet used to be such a "cool" place when it never really was in the first place ;)
>Homie
what are you some kind of wigger?

I didn't blame children at all, I blamed social media for absorbing the normies. I'm blaming the saddos on the internet who use forums and use their ranks in them as a replacement for status in real life, and the internet was cool: 2004 era internet was very much a creative place: decentralized, where to run a forum required a degree of competency and so there were more interesting expressions of topics, even the newsgroups which predate forums were a lot more detailed and higher discussion went on. Look into occultism for example, that sort of information on the internet has degenerated massively. Normal people frequented the internet back then because it was a novelty, yet over time people have shifted to social media as it connects them with locals, the normies entering the internet was the ultimate cancer and daring to criticize the status-quo now is hit with hostility, power has been put in the hands of degenerates and idiots. For example, I tried discord for a while: and I was banned from every group for being too opinionated/humiliating the mods. Yet whenever I visit there some weird discord thot ends up horny for me. Isn't that ironic? In real life they would be the losers in a party that couldn't speak to women yet online they can inflict their power fantasy on anyone with dominant conviction.

>you're a loser after all :D
Name checks out, looking for a virile Aryan daddy? You are an advertisement for beating women.

Cancerous, clearly a fat bitch.

you know nothing of me :p and if I was???
got a problem with big people?

I'm sure you look like some fucking basement dwelling neckbeard who keeps a poster of the biggest band "fighting cancel culture" on your wall or the NSBM band of the season.

you know nothing of me :p and if I was???
got a problem with big people?

I'm sure you look like some fucking basement dwelling neckbeard who keeps a poster of the biggest band "fighting cancel culture" on your wall or the NSBM band of the season.
I'm married with children, and yes I have a problem with disgusting fat cows, especially of the American sort, you are a sign of degeneracy and rancidity.

I'm married with children, and yes I have a problem with disgusting fat cows, especially of the American sort, you are a sign of degeneracy and rancidity.

I dislike Americans more than the next person, and thats being an American. Glad you see me more as an animal and not a person though, so thats bringing my day up :p

and I do happen to like being a cow, thank you~ :D
20220920_162801.jpg

Reactions: Bloopy and Slammed
Especially some fool who has kids. Why are you, as a father, wasting your time on a dumb ass metal forum talking about how uncool the internet is now? :err:

Shouldn't you be spending time with your kids and doing your taxes ?

Reactions: Slammed
Maybe it's the kid who stole his Daddy's login and is trying to be cool on the interwebz

Not even to impress Daddy?
"Look at me Daddy, I telled all them silly internet users how dumb they are! Are you proud of me!"